Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Another 1 1/2 hours passed and 58% battery...I am not even on LTE. Also all background tasks are turned off.
Someone may have mentioned this already-
run the battery out completely 2-3 times. Mine was pretty bad until I let it calibrate by running it til it turned the phone off, then charged to full. Now I'm getting pretty good life out of the thing.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Someone may have mentioned this already-
run the battery out completely 2-3 times. Mine was pretty bad until I let it calibrate by running it til it turned the phone off, then charged to full. Now I'm getting pretty good life out of the thing.

I have done this since I got the phone on Friday and no luck...

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just ran a diagnostic on mine and getting 3.985v-4.009v and 93-103mA

That is what I am seeing too. No issues here. I What is the estimated time remaining on your Settings > Battery Saver?

Also keep in mind that your battery life depends on your location and distance from tower, AT&T network settings etc.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That is what I am seeing too. No issues here. I What is the estimated time remaining on your Settings > Battery Saver?

Also keep in mind that your battery life depends on your location and distance from tower, AT&T network settings etc.

It has been another hour and I am down to 84%. I haven't used the phone at all in the last hour. The estimated time left is 1 day and 5 hours, but we know that is a lie.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Also I submitted this issue to Mary Jo Foley at ZDNet and she responded to me...so maybe since she has some power in the tech world, we can get some answers from Nokia.

ratfester

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems terrible as well, at least compared to my iPhone 4. I have only 1 live tile updating weather once an hour. Disabled just about every apps background abilities, no email syncing, just wifi and 4G (200 yards from tower, not LTE). Was 85% when I went to bed and 8 hours of idling later it was 74%, not sure if thats bad but it looked like it. Playing Wordament I can practically watch it drain, and poking letters doesn't seem that intensive. Don't think I could make it through the day with even light use.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So another hour has passed and all I did was check my Twitter feed. My battery is was at 84% an hour ago and now at 80%. It is getting slightly better but that is still 4% in an hour for checking a Twitter feed for less then a minute.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
mine is ~4.1V and 85-100mA at home (hspa+ and connected to wifi)

bt off, 2 push email accounts, a handful of live tiles going.

i'm still getting a day of usage (12-18hrs) out of it with battery to spare.

hspa+ good to excellent reception around home and LTE moderate to good reception around work.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's been another hour...down from 80% to 73% on light use. I think I am going to turn BT off to see if that helps

It has been about another hour and this time I had BT off. I am at 67% battery now that is still 6% an hour doing nothing on the phone...so I don't think it is BT.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been great. I've been off the charger since 7 am this morning with moderate usage I guess. About an hour and a half worth of music. Streamed a few CNN vids, surfed the net on and off, took a few pics, sent attachments, got updates on live tiles all day, and a few text messages. Its now almost 6pm and I'm at 30 percent left. Sounds good to me. Especially being 4g LTE. On my HTC rezound on Verizon's LTE network I was lucky to get 9 or 10 hours. I'm satisfied.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
My battery life has been great. Off the charger for 19 hours, at 24% playing with it a lot even tried out Nokia drive on the way home. Together with all the regular emails phone calls texts web browsing etc. :)

My Androids would have been long dead by now.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting great battery life.

Right now, I have H+, Wi-Fi, and the screen set to auto.

I've had the phone off the hook for about 9 hours and I'm at 82%.
Voltage: 3.982V
Current: 89-112mA with spikes to 130mA when I touch the screen to keep it awake.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting great battery life.

Right now, I have H+, Wi-Fi, and the screen set to auto.

I've had the phone off the hook for about 9 hours and I'm at 82%.
Voltage: 3.982V
Current: 89-112mA with spikes to 130mA when I touch the screen to keep it awake.

Wow, I get spikes over 300 mA when I touch the screen to keep it awake :-/. At full rest/stabilization its at 102-140 mA. Never, ever below that :(

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
took my phone off the charger at 1030 am only put it on at 9 am after the gym, full service 4G and wifi screen on auto, been texting all day with 4 different people, showed my phone off with all functions for a good half hour, used my board express app, wpcentral app, facebook, twitter and email at least 50 times. It is now 744pm battery is at 70% 22 hours remaining time since last charge 8.5 hours.
Excellent battery life

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos