Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I charged my Lumia 900 to 100 percent I took off it the charger rebooted 3 times and the battery time left still said 8 hours...even after I turned off data. I factory reset again and after a few reboots to get data connected again, my battery level now says 1 day, 12 hours. I'll have to keep track of what I'm installing here. I think I had it doing too much and the battery level limit got stuck in memory....I can't wait for that update...If I still have these problems then I got a lemon and I'll need a replacement.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am also on the MicroCell and I my phone seems to be draining pretty fast with little to no use. I have just made 3 or 4 quick phone calls.

4 Hours into the day I am below 70% which is terrible coming from the iphone 4 where I would go the entire day with pretty heavy use and end the day over 40-60% (Although I did not have the Iphone hooked up to Microcell)

I may undo Microcell and see how that does for the battery life.
Since the microcell is 3G only and the phone is LTE capable may have something to do with the battery drain in microcell..If you have decent coverage at home without microcell, I suggest you unplug it..remember this is not iPhone, so your need for microcell should be reevaluated. :)

I personally think you get best out of the battery when the brightness setting is automatic. If you choose to do manual, it is not fair to blame the phone for faster drain..my personal opinion.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This is strange. I wonder if there's a Microcell where I work, because the batter shouldn't be down to 80% (from 100%) this morning in 4 hours with minimal usage. Is there any way to find out whether there is or not? Are Microcells specific to certain carriers?

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is strange. I wonder if there's a Microcell where I work, because the batter shouldn't be down to 80% (from 100%) this morning in 4 hours with minimal usage. Is there any way to find out whether there is or not? Are Microcells specific to certain carriers?
If you're on a microcell the phone tile on the home screen should say AT&T Microcell instead of just AT&T.

got3n

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
For a week now I have been getting great battery life, on average im getting over 40 hours with moderate use, this includes exchange set to check every 5 minutes, Zune at the gym for 90 minutes a day, endomondo for an hour while running (this is if im not at the gym), random phone calls while at work (some lasted 30 min or so), since delivery day ive done about 800 text messages, and I'm also on LTE 95% of that time. I absolutely love the battery on my 900, out performs my Galaxy S2 without a doubt.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
For a week now I have been getting great battery life, on average im getting over 40 hours with moderate use, this includes exchange set to check every 5 minutes, Zune at the gym for 90 minutes a day, endomondo for an hour while running (this is if im not at the gym), random phone calls while at work (some lasted 30 min or so), since delivery day ive done about 800 text messages, and I'm also on LTE 95% of that time. I absolutely love the battery on my 900, out performs my Galaxy S2 without a doubt.

:dry

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
40 hours? I seriously have a hard time believing that lol. , I can turn on battery saver, turn off data, and still can't get that, that's with no phone calls and some texting. No live tiles or anything

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

got3n

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
This is including sleep, so lets say 16 hours are from when im sleeping. I got 49 hours once, but i had no phone calls that charge and it was at 5% when i went to sleep and at 1% when i woke up which dinged me 49 hours. Im not a heavy user and only charge my phone when its around 2% or less. But not once have I not gotten atleast 36 hours of use out of it, with the exception of the first day, i just burned the battery down asap to do a full charge.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain about twice as fast as my Blackberry 9900. I'm in a conference all this week with both phones and the BB has saved my butt big time.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Woke up to go to school at 7 am and had 20% left by 10 pm. Calculating time left I would have gotten 17 hours of battery life. This is using HSPA+ and medium to high usage (2 phone calls, apps, 4 minute video, pictures, texting, etc)

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I am just spoiled by the battery life on my lumia 800. After 12hours of use, I am usually around 60%. With the 900, around 20%. I just hope the update helps the battery life out or I am taking it back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786