Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Battery life seemed pretty good to me until this morning. Last night it was charged to 100% until a little before midnight when I left. Woke up around 9:00am to a dead battery. Hopefully it was a coincidence. My phone also froze up once before bed. Might revert and reapply the update. We'll see how it acts after this charge is complete.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I was getting 8-12 with heavy usage on day 1. I know, I know, it's subjective, but that's after installing a crap load of apps, watching how-to vids on the phone, downloading the entire 1.8 gb of maps for the us on Nokia Drive (which kept the screen on for some reason), and just fiddling with the phone. No calls.

This thing is a beast! My Droid Bionic called it quits hours before the Nokia caught her 2nd breath. Now....I'm doing my update. Sucks that you have to tether to do it, but maybe that'll come in time that we can do OTA.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The battery on my handset is awful. Barely any usage (some twitter/facebook/email for about an hour in the morning) at around 8:15AM and by noon/1PM I'm at 50%. I don't watch videos, don't listen to music, brightness is set to low (was on auto), WIFI is on, BT is on.

I really think it's because I'm in a fringe AT&T coverage area and I keep moving between LTE and 4G signals. I just turned off cellular data and will see how the battery acts, but if it's like this all the time, I'm going to have to return the phone.
If you are in fringe LTE area, the best is to turn off LTE permanently, specially when at home.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My battery is better but not great. I'm at 71% on medium usage and took it off the charger 3-4 hours ago. I completely drained the battery last night and did a full charge.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My battery is better but not great. I'm at 71% on medium usage and took it off the charger 3-4 hours ago. I completely drained the battery last night and did a full charge.

Hmm, not great by any means, but sounds like its doing a bit better. Try to forget about it the rest of the day and only use your phone how you naturally would (there's a temptation to keep checking the battery life when you're suspicious). You might be pleasantly surprised by the end of the day.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Took off the charger st 7:30 am. Now at 3:30pm and I'm at 58% with medium usage and between 1-3 bars that bounce from LTE to 4g...in contrast...my Skyrocket would be around 20% by this time without a charge. So I am getting much better battery life than before.

Some people are seeing better and some worse. AT&T signal is very poor where I live (but are Verizon and the rest as well..my town hates cell towers) I'm actually happy with the new battery life.
I checked diagnostics and where my battery discharge was around 350 before the update it is now around 100 after the update. So far so good.

smechman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Two days ago I charged it completely and left it unplugged overnight with no use whatsoever - BT off, all location stuff off, etc. It was at 18% the next morning. So far I can't tell how the update did as I just did it this morning. But I can confirm that diagnostics states that I'm only discharging about 90-100mA. It seems like the update fixed my battery issues.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Something strange I've noticed about my battery. The first 10-20% seem to drain very quickly, but it seems to slow down after that. I've noticed that with every power cycle thus far. I was just on the phone for about 30-45 minutes (started at 100% charged) and by the time I was done it was down to 86%. That would extrapolate to something well short of the supposed 7-hour talk time.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
12 hours down and at 34%...my skyrocket would never...ever, have made it this far.....very good Nokia.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
When I reach the end of the day I usually have about 20-25% battery left. Moderate use, no LTE in my area, no bluetooth on, but i surf the Internet pretty rigorously, a lot of email and I keep WiFi on 24/7 because I use it at home and work.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the battery life, I've only had to charge before the end of the day once, but that was the day after I got the phone and I was using it like crazy.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Before the update after a full charge it would say something like 1 Day 12 hours left. Now it only says 13 hours and after being unplugged for less than an hour it's already down to this:

OQaSU.jpg

Going to revert to before the update and see what that does for me. I didn't have any of the issues it was for. I just did the update anyway.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Before the update after a full charge it would say something like 1 Day 12 hours left. Now it only says 13 hours and after being unplugged for less than an hour it's already down to this:

Click to view quoted image

Going to revert to before the update and see what that does for me. I didn't have any of the issues it was for. I just did the update anyway.
Reboot it. That happened to me and a reboot reset the battery "clock"

I unplugged at 7:30 am and now at 9:30pm I have 19% left. Not too shabby for a phone that gets 1-3 bars (Mostly 1-2 bars) in a bad signal area. WiFi is on as well.

I had medium use on it today as well. Some twitter, about 10 minutes of phone calls...a few texts and a lot of browsing the market and just goofing around with the phone.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Reboot it. That happened to me and a reboot reset the battery "clock"

I unplugged at 7:30 am and now at 9:30pm I have 19% left. Not too shabby for a phone that gets 1-3 bars (Mostly 1-2 bars) in a bad signal area. WiFi is on as well.

I had medium use on it today as well. Some twitter, about 10 minutes of phone calls...a few texts and a lot of browsing the market and just goofing around with the phone.

I did and it only went up to 12 hours. Which is probably more accurate but still nowhere near what it was saying pre-update. I'm reverting it now.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I did and it only went up to 12 hours. Which is probably more accurate but still nowhere near what it was saying pre-update. I'm reverting it now.
wow....that's strange. did you check the diagnostics on the battery discharge? I'd bet it's somewhere above 350.

I actually factory reset my 900 before the update so that may have helped me too.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
wow....that's strange. did you check the diagnostics on the battery discharge? I'd bet it's somewhere above 350.

I actually factory reset my 900 before the update so that may have helped me too.

Update is restoring so I can't get the exact numbers but it was between 100-130 at 4.0something volts.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Update is restoring so I can't get the exact numbers but it was between 100-130 at 4.0something volts.
that's about right. ...I really don't know why the battery info is telling you that. Did you try leaving it alone for about a half hour? Perhaps the OS just calculates an average battery time on how much you use the phone then when you dont bother with it, it will re-calculate, giving you back that time of 1 day+ battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99