toasterthegamer

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I've been using nokia drive on my L900 for awhile now and i really like it, however I do have some complaints.

• Exit's on freeways not named. It just tells me to get off at the EXIT which is really confusing since there are sometimes like 3 exits you can get off at...
  • Same with roads it just says turn right in 300 feet instead of turn right onto blahblah in 300 feet.
  • It'd be nice if there was a clock along with the estimated time. I kept having to look at my car radio which is slightly annoying.

Anyone else having these issues?

Oh and the british female voice is nice.. ;) Perhaps I should switch to the us voice? Maybe that's my issue?

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
In the UK the multiple exit thing is less of any issue although they do still exist. I definately suffered this problem though travelling in France so yes it was annoying but manageable and overall I preferred the timelyness when turning off when compared to my old Garmin GPS which gets me into a lot more bother.

Not really that fussed about a clock as the clock in the car is prominently displayed as it would be in most cars. I am happy with the speed limit and estimated time of arrival and clear instructions for things like roundabouts (yes you are getting them slowly which is going to make a lot of traffic cops in Atlanta redundant when they finally arrive).

davela72

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be this version of Drive on the Lumia's that do this. I had an N9 and an N8 previous to this and they both had spoken street names, etc. I'm hoping there will be an update from Nokia at some point that addresses these issues.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I love Nokia Drive, but have the same annoyances as you do. No named streets spoken or the name of the exit/street that is coming up. Sometimes it's like "OH MY GOD TURN RIGHT NOW!!!".

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
One thing I don't like is that while playing music on my phone, the navigation doesn't pause my music, instead it talks over the music and I can't hear a thing it's saying.

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
One thing that I would have loved it better routing algorithm - like avoid toll roads, reroute based on traffic, find fastest or shortest route and so on. You can just set your destination and go.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I love having the app on the phone, I agree with what most of you are saying. Hopefully it will get updates with these features. I still use a standalone GPS for long trips, I use my phone as kind of a backup GPS so it works well enough for me right now.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I love having the app on the phone, I agree with what most of you are saying. Hopefully it will get updates with these features. I still use a standalone GPS for long trips, I use my phone as kind of a backup GPS so it works well enough for me right now.

So far, Nokia Drive has worked a lot better than my Garmin GPS. Garmin does some weird stuff with the routing. I've got the latest maps and have tried different settings. It's like if it's stupid and takes in on the most obscure routes (and they're longer most of the time).

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I love Nokia Drive, but have the same annoyances as you do. No named streets spoken or the name of the exit/street that is coming up. Sometimes it's like "OH MY GOD TURN RIGHT NOW!!!".

i lol'd at that last bit for real.

but i agree, not having spoken street/exit names is annoying but manageable.

also, i don't like that i can set the "arrival time" clock to 12hr instead of 24 and that it doesn't cycle the day/night theme automatically.

the voice (british female) sounds so much better than the one in google nav though, especially on my gnex and note, if i had music playing, it would mess the voice up somehow to where the navigation sounded like she was about to cry or crying when she spoke.

v6power

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
One thing I don't like is that while playing music on my phone, the navigation doesn't pause my music, instead it talks over the music and I can't hear a thing it's saying.

After reading the reviews on all the turn by turn GPS apps on the market place, seems only the Garmin version does that, so I guess it is not a limitation of the API which is a good thing; but I was surprised to see Navigon doesn't pause/fade the music consider the iOS version does it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb