Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cartman

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    Do you think that if enough people tweet the makers of speedtest.net for a WP version of their app they may consider doing one sooner than later?

@Ookla is their twitter account.

We really need a good data speed testing app as the ones currently available are not good in my opinion.
    hellomiggy likes this.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I've used Bandwidth by microhaxo. It's free and gets the job done.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    What is wrong with Bandwidth?

Multiple times over the past 3 days I have ran tests using BandWidth on the phone an a Windows 7 laptop access ATT 4g over Internet sharing and the laptop always reports faster downloads.

An example I just ran BandWidth reported 4.93 / 0.39 while the laptop reported 7.49/.65

Every test is the same way with BandWidth being drastically lower than SpeedTest.net
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    I ask Ookla on a regular basis...at first I got positive response....now I get the same ole line about improving their app for existing platforms and they are "watching" WP7. I've written them off.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    I ask Ookla on a regular basis...at first I got positive response....now I get the same ole line about improving their app for existing platforms and they are "watching" WP7. I've written them off.
    I've heard that line from other developers too. Really annoys me.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    As far as I knew, the Bandwidth application was using the Ookla API to connect to their speedtest network :-/ And Ookla runs speedtest.net

Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    That's for Windows Phone 8. The Nokia Lumia 900 runs Windows Phone 7.5/7.8.

Most likely, the app developer is not going to make this app for Windows Phone 7.5/7.8. However, there are other apps listed in this thread that work for Windows Phone 7.5/7.8 devices.