Google Account Error / Won't Connect - Sync
06-23-2016 11:00 AM
- My contacts will sync, as will my mail and calendars. My only issue is that only my primary calendar will sync. I have two or three additional google calendars which won't sync. I went onto m.google.com/sync and changed my settings. However, that didn't fix the issues. Has anyone else had problems with this?
Also, please see my thread at http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...tm#post1647928 about my Hotmail issue. Perhaps someone can help.04-13-2012 08:12 PM
- To merge your Google Contacts all you have to do is navigate to Live.com, hit "Contacts" in the "highlighted features" area, from there hit "Manage" near the top and "Import" from the dropdown tab. Click Gmail from the "other services" icon and simply follow the other instructions.04-13-2012 08:24 PM
update: many thanks to forum members. I discovered how to delete the dup email setups.
Last edited by stvnAZpx; 04-16-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: update to my question04-14-2012 06:55 PM
- 04-14-2012 08:56 PMLike 1
- FYI: my phone fixed without the Nokia data connection update.
Meant to post here on Friday. Phone was experiencing this issue after I received and activated it last Thursday night. After many frustrating hours, including signing up for this site to post on this thread, I just gave up until that update got pushed. I know it was pushed early but...my phone has yet to be updated, but was fixed by around 10am Friday morning all on its own. I just left google alone for awhile and they seemed to have corrected whatever server issue was going on.
So if you just got a phone and just started experiencing this problem and the latest update did not fix it, do not fret. A little patience may be all that is required. I know it sucks, but it worked out in the end. If your phone doesn't auto-fix in within 24 hours, then I don't really know what to say other than best of luck to you. but give it that chance before you run out to replace or something like that04-16-2012 10:22 AM
- I was having the exact same problems. It is purely Google's problem, not Microsofts or Nokias.
What worked for me was to simply go to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha in the browser of the phone and verify it. Then mine synced perfectly!
Hope it helps you all as well.09-10-2012 11:41 AM
- getting the same thing on a brand new 920 (I know this is a 900 thread, but thought it was worth saying this problem still exists) - just can't get it to work against the Google account - iPad, iPhone etc all been fine, but it's just giving the "can't find m.google.com" on completion.....
:mad:11-20-2012 09:11 AM
- I fixed it! Go to settings, then e-mails and accounts. Click add an account, then "advanced setup". Enter your gmail address. Then, internet email,
Incoming server: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
Username: Your email address
Check both "Outgoing server requires authentication" and "Use the same user name and password for sending email.
Then click Advanced Settings
Check "Require SSL for incoming email". And you're done!11-30-2012 05:21 PM
- Hi guys,
I've recently bought a Nokia 920. I am not very familiar with WP8..and imagine that I use a google account for my personal emails, events (callendar) etc.
Yet, I do not manage a all to add a Google account - I keep receiving the error message "Google account info is incorrect - Update your account info from..." and here it gives me 2 hints: ...from m.google.com or imap.gmail.com:993:1.
Maybe this discussion is already on the forum, yet I couldn't find anything directly linked to my issue.
Thanks in advance if you have any advice.12-12-2012 10:36 AM
- Hi there,
Sorry, I was away on holiday. I have found the solution on discussions.nokia.com.
Thus, if you have an application-specific passwords enabled on your google account... you will need to generate one for your phone, as your normal password will not work with this setting enabled. Once you do that, it will work just fine. Too bad this is not explicit for all the users.
iusti01-07-2013 03:28 AM
- I dont know if it will help anyone but i just sloved the problem by enabling gmail.com instead googlemail.com and my Lumia connected stright away. When I was setting up my gmail ages ago my domain name was googlemail.com (still i used gmail.com and i did recived emails) but on WP7.5 phone it didnt work unless I logged in with googlemail.com. Now i have changed it in Google Account to use gmail.com domain and voila! logged in and synced as soon as change was applied on Google. And yes. I did register here only to post it :)01-21-2013 07:01 PM
- Hi Guys,
My wife has a Lumia 710, went through the steps.
1. Deleted the Gmail account.
2. Added ANOTHER ACCOUNT, which it automatically recognized as Gmail (e-mail only).
3. Added GOOGLE ACCOUNT, which it then added Google Mail, Calendar and Contacts.
4. Deleted GMAIL ACCOUNT to avoid duplicity.
Works fine for now, all 30mins worth!! Good Luck!
Johnny01-28-2013 07:22 PM
- Windows Central Archives
- Windows Central Archive
- Nokia Lumia 900
Google Account Error / Won't Connect - Sync
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD