Google Account Error / Won't Connect - Sync

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
On my second Lumia 900. First one rebooted itself to death. Finally wouldn't turn on. That was yesterday. Got it set up fine and everything worked before it died.

Got a new phone today and everything is working except my google account which won't connect or sync.

I get:

Google Error

Not Updated

m.google.com is currently unavailable. Try again later.

Error code 85010017

Now I can connect via pc to my google account. I can log in fine. I have deleted and re-added the account on the lumia - and even did a complete phone reset - and still I cannont get it to connect to email or sync. Nothing.

Extremely frustrating as I keep all my contacts and calendar on Google.

Thoughts? Anyone else having this issue?

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh and it gets better - I just went to my son's sprint arrive, put in my google account in his windows 7 phone - bam - instant connect. No issues.

What the heck is going on? Would hate to return another phone - or should I wait till monday when the patch comes and see if things magically fix themselves.

D-VO

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problems as you are. Just picked up a Lumia 900. Everything else connects, not google though. Which sucks because I use that for everything.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problems as you are. Just picked up a Lumia 900. Everything else connects, not google though. Which sucks because I use that for everything.

Oh thank god someone else is having the same issue! If this isn't fixed with the Monday update - then it's going back. Like you, everything I do is synced thru google.

Thanks much for replying. Thought I was going crazy. Even changed my password - and now I'm ticked cause I can't change it back to what it was.

D-VO

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was doing some major major searching, yours was the only response to this topic. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I'm also having a contacts transfer issue, gets to 20% and disconnects... weak.

Hshure

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I have the same exact problem. My Lumia was rebooting constantly and I went today and swapped it for a new one. Now my google account wont sync either. Same error message. I sure hope someone can help us.

PLEASE HELP.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I have the same exact problem. My Lumia was rebooting constantly and I went today and swapped it for a new one. Now my google account wont sync either. Same error message. I sure hope someone can help us.

PLEASE HELP.

Ha - so you had the EXACT same problem. I hope it's not an issue related to having connected with the previous lumia and now connecting with the new lumia.

I called AT&T and they said it was a "known issue" though I have a feeling they were confusing it with the data issues. Anyway, I'm gonna hang till Tuesday - and if it doesn't resolve itself via the patch, I'm gonna have to return it.

I need my calendar and contacts....

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to re-add my Google account and also got that error.

Something definitely changed over at Google. Wouldn't be the first time they intentionaly sabotage Windows Phone.

I'm using an LG Optimus 7, so it's not specific to the Lumia.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to re-add my Google account and also got that error.

Something definitely changed over at Google. Wouldn't be the first time they intentionaly sabotage Windows Phone.

I'm using an LG Optimus 7, so it's not specific to the Lumia.

so then this is google pulling shenanigans

bredbu

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Im having the same problem with my 900. I just got it in the mail today everything works except google, it is not my second one though only my first.
In regards to getting your contacts i found this thing in the market place under nokia's section called contact transfer which will pull the contacts off of your old phone via bluetooth. I keep all my contacts in google as well but i just used that tool to get them off my focus flash. Figure ill hold out until the update for mail to start working

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same problem with my 900. I just got it in the mail today everything works except google, it is not my second one though only my first.
In regards to getting your contacts i found this thing in the market place under nokia's section called contact transfer which will pull the contacts off of your old phone via bluetooth. I keep all my contacts in google as well but i just used that tool to get them off my focus flash. Figure ill hold out until the update for mail to start working

the more non lumia phones I hear having this issue the more I believe its on google's end

D-VO

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I attempted to do that, but it hung up on me (on my Nokia N8 no less...) after 20% it disconnects... so I sync'ed to Ovi Suite, then exported to Windows Contacts, then exported that into a .CSV, which I then imported into Windows Live via Hotmail. Cleaned Up Contacts... everything synced to the phone via the Windows Live account.

So now I'm just out my e-mail, which ain't no thing for the short term... always the mobile browser bookmark.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Having this issue on my new HTC Titan II. Frustrating as ****! All of my contacts are in Google. WTF?

What's odd is that my iPhone is still syncing just fine.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got an HTC Trophy (Verizon) and having this issue. Really ticks me off cuz I need my contacts from my Android phone. Guess I'll have to BING another way to accomplish this. Glad I don't actively use my Gmail account for actual email. But definitely doesn't seem to be a phone hardware problem.

bredbu

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got an HTC Trophy (Verizon) and having this issue. Really ticks me off cuz I need my contacts from my Android phone. Guess I'll have to BING another way to accomplish this. Glad I don't actively use my Gmail account for actual email. But definitely doesn't seem to be a phone hardware problem.

Good to know its other phones as well it may just be a google or windows server problem

killerhertz

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a HTC Titan 2 (ATT) from the Windows phone giveaway and I'm having the same issue. I logged onto m.google.com/sync and my windows phone does not show up, but my old iphone does. Big deal breaker since my contacts and calendar are all from google :/

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
BTW, the thing that is throwing me - I was able to grab my son's HTC Arrive WP7 phone on Sprint - add my account today with no problem and sync. So - not sure what is going on. It definately worked there - I then deleted that account and tried to re-add it on my Lumia and still no go.

jerzey111

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
wow, just exchanged my lumia because other people were hearing echos of themselves while on the call with me and now i get this sync error

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss