Good News for once ;) AT&T " Lumia 900 a HIT"

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is great news ...not entirely unexpected though. The Lumia 900 is awesome.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I went in to AT&T to buy my Lumia 900 and a husband and wife walked in and were really interested in the 900. It's a good sign and I think the Cyan colour is really working to help this phone stand out.

davela72

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I just like the title of the post, a breath of fresh air to see the words "good news" after all the negativity the past few days!

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
half of the naysayers just scream doomsday because it sells man no worries

No, there are actual worries. Nokia's business model is crumbling, and it's a real question as to whether the company makes it to Christmas if the 710 and the 900 aren't major hits. Fingers crossed they are hits.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes they are worries but over stated worries. Nokia is a powerhouse globally and I don't forsee the end anytime soon

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It looks as though the top 5 contract plan phones are all WP7 phones - or at least it seemed so when i last checked - this is good for WP.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Once they capture the market share in the US, the rest is easy. They might not make huge profits, bit if they can sell volumes and win the consumers, MS will back them up. For example, a quick data and camera dix will do the trick. They already won a few with the $100 credit. I've a friend who is getting this phone today just to take advantage of the credit.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Other than Apple, it seems like the newcomers have to start somewhere. That's what Android did and look at them now. I think WP7 is off to a steady and encouraging start. Much better than WebOS did.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just left the at&t store closest to me, and for one, the rep was using a cyan lumia, and was very knowledgeable on WP7. The second thing is they were out of stock and the rep said they can keep them in stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

While everybody else is doing the exact opposite.
Nokia Downgraded To Equal Weight By Barclays Capital | ValueWalk

Yesterday Societe General released a note to investors that downgraded expectations on Nokia and cut its recommended strategy on the company from Buy to Hold. Today Barclays PLC (ADR) (NYSE:BCS) released a statement doing the same to the company?s stock and setting a new price target of $4 for the company. At the time of writing the company?s stock was rapidly approaching that level. It was down 4.37% to $4.03 and may continue to fall in the final hour of trading. After the company revealed that its lower end phone business was actually losing money some analysts are suggesting they sell it, which to Nokia means selling its entire history. The so called ?feature phone? market has been adversely, and obviously, affected by the change to modern smart phones. In the market where feature phones are still popular, poorer and emerging markets, there exist a huge amount of alternatives often with Nokia branding that makes making sales difficult. Counterfeit electronics are big business and with high end smart phones competing there doesn?t seem to be a market for a median priced under featured phone like Nokia?s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes