A Few Questions

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about buying the Lumia 900 from USA and getting it shipped to my country, so i had a few questions:
- buying the phone off-contract ($450) from Amazon will get me an unlocked version ( can put any SIM on it ) or is it locked to AT&T ? if it is, is there any other websites that do sell it unlocked ?
- I suppose i can turn of the LTE and limit it to 3G connectivity such is now with my hd7 ? ( limiting it to Edge or 3G )

Overall do you think its a good idea ? given the many battery problems and other issues ? since if i recieve a defective one i won't be able to return it.

thanks in advance :)

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about buying the Lumia 900 from USA and getting it shipped to my country, so i had a few questions:
- buying the phone off-contract ($450) from Amazon will get me an unlocked version ( can put any SIM on it ) or is it locked to AT&T ? if it is, is there any other websites that do sell it unlocked ?
- I suppose i can turn of the LTE and limit it to 3G connectivity such is now with my hd7 ? ( limiting it to Edge or 3G )

Overall do you think its a good idea ? given the many battery problems and other issues ? since if i recieve a defective one i won't be able to return it.

It might help people to know what country you want the phone shipped to. There may be an alternative to getting it shipped from the US that could work out better for you?

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It might help people to know what country you want the phone shipped to. There may be an alternative to getting it shipped from the US that could work out better for you?

I am in Egypt, i think getting it shipped from US is the easiest method.. - i think - :)

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Buying from Amazon is not unlocked. You can't put any sim in it. You have to get a sim unlock. I ordered a sim unlock from a website, still waiting to get the code.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if the unlock will work. I haven't received the code yet. I ordered it from CellPhoneUnlock.net | Unlock Cell Phone | #1 Cell Phone Unlock to any GSM Network ... I never used them before and I am a bit skeptical as they raised the price to 69.99 now, it was 24.99 when I ordered.

So thats why i found an (Unlocked) version here Nokia Lumia 900 LTE Black (Unlocked) #LUMIA900BLK - Expansys USA @ $750 ? or how much did the website charge you for the unlock ?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Buying from Europe is your best bet, the US versions will be locked to at&t then you have to go scrambling for an unlock code. Buying from someone like clove.co.uk will get you an unlocked phone that will work worldwide and probably cheaper than ripoff Expansys.

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Buying from Europe is your best bet, the US versions will be locked to at&t then you have to go scrambling for an unlock code. Buying from someone like clove.co.uk will get you an unlocked phone that will work worldwide and probably cheaper than ripoff Expansys.

that website lists the lumia 900 for UK? 460.80 inc. VAT which is nearly $750 also, s i guess its the same price :/
i think i might wait for the worldwide version though..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs