USB Tether (vs wireless) for Lumia 900

jctang

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So I was able to enable my Samsung Focus for USB Tethering via a diagnostic code. This enabled me to do tethering without having to activate it (only used in a pinch). I also have unlimited data and continue to be grandfathered in.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to enable this for the Nokia Lumia 900 or is this just something that there is absolutely no option for on this phone? I don't know if it's worth it to me to change from an unlimited plan (corporate rate) and move to a 5GB plan of data + Tether. Anyone have feedback on this?

Thanks!

sdigiova

May 9, 2012
Visit site
So I was able to enable my Samsung Focus for USB Tethering via a diagnostic code. This enabled me to do tethering without having to activate it (only used in a pinch). I also have unlimited data and continue to be grandfathered in.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to enable this for the Nokia Lumia 900 or is this just something that there is absolutely no option for on this phone? I don't know if it's worth it to me to change from an unlimited plan (corporate rate) and move to a 5GB plan of data + Tether. Anyone have feedback on this?

Thanks!
Unfortunatley I can not find any way to do this with Lumia. I am in the same situation as you, I have grandfathered unlimited data, and in a pinch have used it on my Focus S. Until then, I will never go to another device (lumia) no matter how nice it is. The ability to tether works great. If I wanted to turn on Wifi-tethering, I will be forced to give up my unlimited data plan. This SUCKS! ... I hope Nokia build in a secret code where I can USB tether, until then I will stay Samsung...

tboard24

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I gotta think somebody will eventually come out with something that allows us to tether. I came to the lumia from an unlocked e71. I had a $10/month unlimited plan (for "non smartphones") and bought an app called Joikuspot for like $20 and tethered via wifi flawlessly. That was hard to give up.

I once went into an ATT store and asked about some phone they had and why you had to pay for the tethering service if it's a capped plan. He told me that's how all phones are.. So I told him I can do it for free with my 2 year old e71 and he said it wasn't actually tethering...? I started up my app and told him to check for my network on his phone.. He looked so confused I thought his head was going to explode lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital