What does this icon mean???

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
no clue what this icon means???

So on my lock screen this icon shows up and I have no clue what it's for. It's a small white envelope like the kind we get for emails but it has these 2 white swirly lines going around it at the bottom. Anyone else see such an icon and have an idea of how I can get rid of it?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i will say that is vibrate icon ( in my family feud:lol: voice) survey saysssss vibrate icon you just won 200 pennies congrats lol

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Did you set up multiple email accounts from different service (yahoo, gmail, aol, etc) on your phone? It could be an indicator for one of those accounts.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So on my lock screen this icon shows up and I have no clue what it's for. It's a small white envelope like the kind we get for emails but it has these 2 white swirly lines going around it at the bottom. Anyone else see such an icon and have an idea of how I can get rid of it?
..I guess it's NOT voicemail

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

Is it this icon?

attachment.php

That's the Hotmail email indicator.

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
yepp you are right...it was my hotmail account...my main accounts are linked and pinned to the start, the hotmail isn't so I guess that's why it had a different notification icon...thannks though :blush:

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Not a problem. Glad you figured it out. Unknown icons are one of the largest annoyances in a device. I have a voicemail indicator on my tablet that has set up permanent residence so I know the feeling haha.

EDIT: That is indeed a screen shot.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yepp you are right...it was my hotmail account...my main accounts are linked and pinned to the start, the hotmail isn't so I guess that's why it had a different notification icon...thannks though :blush:

:confused: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you mean to tell me i was wrong??? my answer really didn't win me any pennies come on this is nuts wavy lines equals vibrate on the top right hand corner i must be right or else i shall throw myself infront of de bus... lol no for real though glad you got the right answer :lol:

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Not a problem. Glad you figured it out. Unknown icons are one of the largest annoyances in a device. I have a voicemail indicator on my tablet that has set up permanent residence so I know the feeling haha.

EDIT: That is indeed a screen shot.

hahah...so how'd you do the screen shot?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Was gonna say Hotmail as soon as I read your description. I have a Hotmail account but barely use it too. If you don't want that icon to show up, simply go into your Hotmail from your phone, go to sync settings, and set it to manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills