Review of the 900 by a iphone 4S user

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Good post!

It is articles like these that will give Windows Phone traction, a balanced review from a biased source. As much as we are biased here, for the most part, I think everyone can say that Apple has a good device in the iPhone 4S and it is great that they believe the same with WP7 and the Lumia!

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Nice to see a tech writer around here and glad you see promise in WP7. A lot of the issues you address are echoed here (some missing apps, camera, expandable storage, and push notifications), sometimes with a dash of heated back and forth. It is wonderful to have such minor problems though, I just hope Apollo plugs some of the smaller holes.

I have to say, love the yellow lab on page 4 haha!

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
From the Techradar review:

"Email is done quite elegantly here, but we stumbled across a few nagging issues, such as being unable to move an email between account folders"

I didn't know this, but I've just tried it on my iPod, nice feature. Bizarrely, Hotmail is greyed out as a receiver, no problems with other accounts.

Last edited:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Really interesting review, made for a good read, thanks to the author for taking the time to review the phone from a different perspective, and giving a fair review, and also the OP for pointing it out!!

:)

joshuapingley#WP

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S and personally love Windows Phone and the Lumia 900. I think I'm going to hold off until Apollo before switching from my iPhone, but I think Nokia has created a stellar product here. And it's true, most iPhone owners do agree that Windows Phone is a beautiful operating system and have mostly praise for it, myself included.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
As an iPhone 4s (actually I have all the gadgets including the galaxy nexus).

But what's driving me crazy is even though I turned off iMessage and took out the microsim from my iPhone.

Got new Microsim from AT&T store and provision into Nokia lumia 900.

Some reason I can send texts from my Nokia lumia to other apple iPhone users. However I am not receiving any incoming text messages.

Gotta be some glitch in iMessage. Driving, my wife is driving me crazy (she's iPhone user) since I can't receive iPhone user messages. It goes directly to my other iOS devices (iPad and iPhone (without the sim). I can't receive text from my other friends with iPhones either

Yes I turned off iMessage on my iPhone and iPad and still don't receive texts back. I even deleted my apple id from my wifehome sp she manually types in my phone number but iMessage still interferes with messages being sent to my iMessage instead of the actually Nokia lumia 900 phone.

So for phone swappers like me. Apple has clearly messed something up integrating iMessage with your cell phone number.

I am techie and have read up problems with iMessage for people who don't use their iPhones.

It's like apple messes with u so you can never leave them.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
As an iPhone 4s (actually I have all the gadgets including the galaxy nexus).

But what's driving me crazy is even though I turned off iMessage and took out the microsim from my iPhone.

Got new Microsim from AT&T store and provision into Nokia lumia 900.

Some reason I can send texts from my Nokia lumia to other apple iPhone users. However I am not receiving any incoming text messages.

Gotta be some glitch in iMessage. Driving, my wife is driving me crazy (she's iPhone user) since I can't receive iPhone user messages. It goes directly to my other iOS devices (iPad and iPhone (without the sim). I can't receive text from my other friends with iPhones either

Yes I turned off iMessage on my iPhone and iPad and still don't receive texts back. I even deleted my apple id from my wifehome sp she manually types in my phone number but iMessage still interferes with messages being sent to my iMessage instead of the actually Nokia lumia 900 phone.

So for phone swappers like me. Apple has clearly messed something up integrating iMessage with your cell phone number.

I am techie and have read up problems with iMessage for people who don't use their iPhones.

It's like apple messes with u so you can never leave them.

Yah that would be a bit frustrating to say the least. I hope you figure it out, and when you do, please post it in the forums so other former iPhone users can figure out how to unchain themselves from iMessage.

bothfly737

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Apple Guy on a WP forum for the 1st time.

I too have my iPhone 4S sitting on the shelf and my new Nokia 900 all set up.
I have spent the day with the Nokia and I have to say I am enjoying it.
Getting everything sync'd from my all Apple eco system was kind hard, but with the use of Google, I've got all my iCloud iCal and Contacts going back and forth on the Nokia. I really love the WP7 Mac app that sync's iTunes and iPhoto, its no different then plugging in my iPhone, a real plus there.
I tested the crap out of the camera on the Nokia with my iPhone 4S and a new HTC ONE X. The iPhone4s was as we know a tad better then the Nokia, but the HTC ONE X was in 3rd. The Nokia pic's were a little over saturated, but not bad and the video was pretty good as well.
Overall its a good phone, and like Apple used to be, something different.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Good post!

It is articles like these that will give Windows Phone traction, a balanced review from a biased source. As much as we are biased here, for the most part, I think everyone can say that Apple has a good device in the iPhone 4S and it is great that they believe the same with WP7 and the Lumia!

You're right. Hopefully Windows Phone will take a large market share.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Getting everything sync'd from my all Apple eco system was kind hard, but with the use of Google, I've got all my iCloud iCal and Contacts going back and forth on the Nokia. I really love the WP7 Mac app that sync's iTunes and iPhoto, its no different then plugging in my iPhone, a real plus there.

Which Mac app are you using to sync iTunes with the Windows Phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb