speaker too loud at 1/30 and gmail syncing slow

tboard24

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed that when playing music through the speaker that even at the lowest setting (1/30) it is still pretty loud? I just did the update last night and it seems to be better but still a bit too loud for the lowest setting.

Also, my Gmail is syncing much slower than it should. The emails are not being pushed through like they should with imap. Some of my emails come through pretty much instantly, but some take several hours to show up.. Anybody else experiencing this?

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
IMO the louder the better

I have my Gmail accounts set up via Outlook and my emails push instantly even after the update.

tboard24

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
did you click on sync settings -> set the sync to "as it arrives" mode ? beware it will affect the battery ..

ah thank you I seemed to have overlooked that.. Hopefully that'll work now.

In response to louder being better, I have to disagree. Obviously at max settings the louder the better, but the difference from mute to 1/30 is ridiculous. Maybe it's just my unit though. For instance, if I wanted to put some soothing music on to fall asleep to, it's still far too loud to not be an annoyance... With a range from 0-30, I expect there to be more variation.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree with tboard, though people are usually afraid of the speakers on their phones not being loud enough, the Lumia 900 at 1/30 volume is far too loud. They really should have started lower and worked in bigger increments as you get louder. Good quality though.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed that when playing music through the speaker that even at the lowest setting (1/30) it is still pretty loud? I just did the update last night and it seems to be better but still a bit too loud for the lowest setting.

Also, my Gmail is syncing much slower than it should. The emails are not being pushed through like they should with imap. Some of my emails come through pretty much instantly, but some take several hours to show up.. Anybody else experiencing this?

I completely agree with the volume issue, however, I've found it varies based on if it's a sound or of it's music. Here's a way to see what I'm talking about. Load up a game that lets you control both sfx and music volume and set the handset volume to 1/30 (Plants vs Zombies works). Set the sfx volume to as low as you can and mute the music. You'll see that you can barely hear it. Now set the music to as low as it can go and mute the sfx. Way way way too loud.

PeterFnet

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ditto, 1/30 is too loud. It was too much for a quiet room. Any opinions on 30/30? I seems to be quieter than my Focus.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon