Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    I'm so used to android phones which scratch very easily on the plastic, or the iPhone 4 which scratches so easily on the band around it. But I haven't been able to scratch this blue polycarbonate.... Anyone scratched theirs yet??

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Nope, not worrying about it either. The colour will show all the way through, so scratches should hardly be noticeable. Just worried about the screen.

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Yea I'm not worried about it cause I work construction and usually am pretty rough on phones haha. This one is just tough. Screen seem stout also

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    My phone took a nasty tumble last night. I was a little tipsy from drinking and dropped it. I immediately picked it up, inspected it and found absolutely zero scratches or damage. I'm always adamant about using a case. I'm not going to use a case with my Lumia because it's so great to hold and now I realize the polycarbonate is pretty sturdy and can hold up after a drop.
    Last edited by JD914; 04-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    That's pretty awesome. man I love this phone

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    My phone took a nasty tumble last night. I was a little tipsy from drinking and dropped it. I immediately picked it up and inspected it and found absolutely zero scratches or damage. I'm always adamant about using a case. I'm not going to use a case with my Lumia because it's so great to hold and now I realize the polycarbonate is pretty sturdy and can hold up after a drop.
    Until you woke up the next morning and it was actually completely shattered. lol jk.
    I wish there was a screen protector that put a shield over the screen and not just one of those little clear films. Oh well. I'll be careful for a while.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I think someone put a picture up on this forum of a dropped Lumia 900. The Glass was still intact, but the screen underneath had cracked. So I would not be too worried about the glass... Gorilla Glass in general is really good, my old focus I dropped on pavement and gravel a few times from about 3-4 feet, and even having landed on the screen, there were not many scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    My phone took a nasty tumble last night. I was a little tipsy from drinking and dropped it. I immediately picked it up, inspected it and found absolutely zero scratches or damage. I'm always adamant about using a case. I'm not going to use a case with my Lumia because it's so great to hold and now I realize the polycarbonate is pretty sturdy and can hold up after a drop.
    Drunk tested. Check!

I chipped the corners of my L900 after dropping it in the sidewalk.

Everything was "fixed" after I purchased some 1500 sand paper and smoothed out the edges.

I love this material! :-)