Rogers update for Data fix and thoughts on my Lumia 900?

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Called Rogers this morning, the tech there said they expect the update for the data issue to come out tomorrow... hope he is right.

In the meantime, I was able to restore my data by cycling power a few times. Has anyone received the update yet with Rogers?

He also mentioned that sometime this week, Rogers customers who purchased the Lumia 900 from launch day to the 21st of April will be receiving the $100 credit from Nokia for the troubles.

I can't complain about having a free Lumia 900! plus the 4G LTE is soooooooo fast, I love it.

At first I was skeptical of the phone coming from my Samsung Focus, but after getting used to the size and amazing screen I am so glad I went for it. Everything is better on this phone, I really hope that North Americans can put away the boring Android and iPhones and start using Windows Phones. Its such an amazing experience. Though I feel that almost 75% of the population here in Calgary, AB Canada are iPhone/iPad Lemmings... they are truly brain washed...

Talking to a few Rogers ppl in stores and on the phone, it seems that a lot of them are waiting for their Lumia 900s to arrive in the mail as well.. so quite a few switch overs which is interesting to see.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for possible news re update... Not that I've hit the data bug, but will be nice to get...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ugh Mayoo you just ruined my night LOL!

I will give them until Friday before I am actually that upset. Lucky enough to pick up Wifi at work and home, so it doesn't effect me too much - and I live 150 meters from my office. $100 is very reasonable to keep me satisfied.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If you have lost data, which I have twice from powering off my phone. Just turn it on and off a couple times, if it hasn't come back, turn it off and leave it for 3 mins and then turn it back on.. you will eventually get your data back. Once its back, don't power it off and your data will stay.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen anything yet either (Calgary), but I'll plug into my PC after work to see if there will be an update.

Guessing this is almost 90% on Rogers to get the update out since there is already a fix in place from Nokia for AT&T.

My data is back, and it hasn't left me since I did the power cycle trick. So long as I don't turn my phone off I should be good til the update is out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3