- 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM #1
My 2nd 900 seem to be much worse than my first :
1) Data connection lost on day 4 (fixed with the update)
2) Dead or stuck pixel on screen
3) Buttons acting up or "sticking" and doing a long press
4) Can't send and receive text messages (update did not fix this)
5) Slight but very noticeable hissing sound when streaming audio
I still love you Nokia.
04-16-2012, 03:47 PM #3
- 24 Posts
Honestly no phone is perfect. I went through 3 HTC HD7's when it was first launched till I got one that didn't have any issues with it. The OS is that good that I was willing to stick it out till I got the hardware to compliment the OS. So far with the Lumia I'm still on the 1st one but even if I had to return it to get another one it's no big deal.
- 04-16-2012, 03:51 PM #5
- 04-16-2012, 04:36 PM #7
1.) Happened to me within minutes of activating.
2.) Haven't had that problem.
3.) While rare, when it happens its annoying.
4.) I can.
5.) That's the sound of the speaker blowing your mind away. You'll get used to it.
To answer the question: Nope.
- 04-16-2012, 04:41 PM #8
I'm actually pretty lucky I guess, but then again, the pains of being early adopters. It's not just mobile devices. TV's, cars, other gadgets, you name it. Can happen anywhere. It's the risk you take.
Luckily....I'm good. Nothing going on here but the rent (or the monthly service charge in this case.)
- 04-16-2012, 05:49 PM #9
Yes, disappointing. We've had data issues and a lot of trouble using the phone for an echo problem. You can't really back up the phone (unreal with how important phones are to us these days). It is a fledgling OS on a new piece of hardware. I don't think the betaphone marketing was a good idea when you have so many bugs to work out yourself.
- 04-16-2012, 07:50 PM #12Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
- 04-16-2012, 07:54 PM #14
- 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM #15
The best thing one can do, if you feel is weird. Is to restore your Device. I restored my iPhone even after doing a fresh upgrade from a Windows machine to a Mac Machine. When I restored with Windows it felt very glitchy. When I restored with a Mac, it felt very smooth.
Just restore it, or get a new device, like The Ring, "7 DAY'S", but with this one. 30 DAY'S!
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM #16
- 194 Posts
My wife's phone just had a frozen pixel appear a few days ago. We are still within the 30 days at this point. I tried some 'get your stuck pixel unstuck app in the marketplace, but it didn't work (unsurprisingly). What is Nokia's dead pixel policy? The last time I had this problem was maybe 6 years ago and each manufacturer allowed a certain number of them before they would accept it as a return. Do you think I would get stuck with a return fee?
- 04-24-2012, 01:52 AM #17
I updated and still can get any data connection. Everything else works fine, but I can't get data. I want to believe it's that I never switched to an LTE plan and just activated the micro-SIM? I don't want to exchange it.
04-24-2012, 08:09 AM #20
- 346 Posts
1) Fixed so quickly and the hundred dollar credit make me overlook this one.
2) Manufacturing problems happen. That's unavoidable - just return the phone for a new one
3) That does seem to be a legit bug - I hope it's fixed soon!
4) This is probably a carrier issue. I would have them look into it
5) I don't have this at all - weird...
Probably best to swap out your phone for a new one and have the carrier check your texting plan.
Except for lag issues my 900 is perfect. :) I am sure Nokia will make everything right for you.