I had actually noticed, or at least it seemed, that when I had my Titan, my data use increased to a point where I had been curious. I had the Arrive before that and hadn't used data to the levels the Titan seemed to. I didn't know if it was just a difference with AT&T since I was getting faster speeds so I used more or what.
Originally Posted by rdubmu
So I tested some things out and, what I found, it was email. I had 3 emails accounts set to 'as items arrive' and another one every 30 minutes. I changed the 'as items arrive' accounts to '15 minutes' and noticed a difference in data used.
I haven't tried the 'as items arrive' settings on the Lumia yet, but will if necessary to just test it out. I've uysed 287MB in 8 days and I consider myself a very heavy data consumer. Lots of web browsing, Twitter reading and the occasional tethering of my tablet.
I do have it connected to WiFi when I'm at home, but feel like I use it more for web when I'm not home. Just to toss that in there.