Delay Charge noise? Should I be concerned

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When I plug my phone in the phone doesn't seem to recognize for about 3-5 seconds, this is my 3rd WP device and that has never happened before. Should I be concerned or return the phone. One time it didn't recognize the phone was unplugged, that I have seen before and a soft reset fixed it no problem. It also has 3-5 second delay to recognize it is unplugged.

Any advice? I'm debating bringing the phone in to be replaced, I hate doing that stuff, but I want to be satisfied after waiting so long with the phone. This could just be software fix that will come tho.

Maybe should have got titan II uh oh haha! Nah lumia is great!

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Doesn't really bother me that much. It just takes a few seconds to register that its plugged in. My wife's cyan 900 is the same as well so I think its normal.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this before as well, pre and post update. I've never had it not recognized being unplugged though. I just assumed this was normal. It seems to start charging if you watch the indicator, but the sound is a bit delayed.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
When I plug my phone in the phone doesn't seem to recognize for about 3-5 seconds, this is my 3rd WP device and that has never happened before. Should I be concerned or return the phone. One time it didn't recognize the phone was unplugged, that I have seen before and a soft reset fixed it no problem. It also has 3-5 second delay to recognize it is unplugged.

Any advice? I'm debating bringing the phone in to be replaced, I hate doing that stuff, but I want to be satisfied after waiting so long with the phone. This could just be software fix that will come tho.

Maybe should have got titan II uh oh haha! Nah lumia is great!

Same thing happens to me. It never seems to not start charging though. If I run the battery to where the heart icon comes up sometimes I noticed I'll have to turn of the screen before it starts charging. The L900 definitely charges faster than my old Focus. I used various chargers 500mah - 2000mah and the Focus would often have times even mantaining the current battery level if there was any usage on the device (ie GPS). No problems like that on the L900.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Unlike the Samsung Focus the Lumia does take about 2 to 2.5 seconds before the sound fires off for charging. My Focus was just under 1/2 second. On my other devices that charge off a USB port (Nook, Garmin, etc) they also take anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds to recognize they are plugged in. So I don't see a problem here.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea doesn't seem to cause any problems so I'm not worried. Especially since many are experiencing. Nokia will fix all issues quickly I feel too.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
yes my first L900 did that, I took it back for a different reason (the top right corner was loose). The 2nd one does the same thing with the power. Also when you unplug it, it still shows it is plugged in for a few seconds :)

iphone4convert

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
OMG - you guys are driving me nukin futz. I'm a worrier by nature and I keep reading about delayed charging by a few seconds (got it), corners of phones that creak (got it), buttons that seem to stick (not so much). C'mon man...listening to all these things has me paranoid that my phone is going to self-destruct any minute ala Mission Impossible. Did anyone else notice that after you dial a number and hold the phone up to your ear it seems like you can hear voices talking to you. Is that supposed to happen?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
OMG - you guys are driving me nukin futz. I'm a worrier by nature and I keep reading about delayed charging by a few seconds (got it), corners of phones that creak (got it), buttons that seem to stick (not so much). C'mon man...listening to all these things has me paranoid that my phone is going to self-destruct any minute ala Mission Impossible. Did anyone else notice that after you dial a number and hold the phone up to your ear it seems like you can hear voices talking to you. Is that supposed to happen?
that is just the homeland security listening =/ haha!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Sheesh, thinking about exchanging the phone over that? Talk about nitpicking :p. Like others have said, my Lumia 900 does the same thing. The delay is only slightly longer than that of my Lumia 800.

Final-MacGyver

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I dont remember where I read it but they said it was due to the charger putting out slighty less power than most chargers and the size of the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro