Help. New to Windows

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone. Im sorry if this is a basic question and maybe I should know better. I just left the iPhone 4s and got a Lumia and I am trying to set it up. Im struggling with getting my contacts and calendar info to sync with the phone.

I have created a live account and I have uploaded all my contacts and calendar info to my live account. I thought that was all I needed to do. I signed into my live account with my new Lumia but nothing comes to my phone. No contacts or calendar info. What am I doing wrong. Should I set up my luve account as an exchange account? if so does anyone have the settings to do so.

Any help, I would sure appriceate it.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Never had any issues with Windows Live here. Hmmm. Are you getting an "Attention Required" notice on the email & accounts setup page or does it say "syncing"...or neither?

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Never had any issues with Windows Live here. Hmmm. Are you getting an "Attention Required" notice on the email & accounts setup page or does it say "syncing"...or neither?

After signing into windows live on my Lumia it works fine but it doesnt bring in the contacts that I have on the windows live account.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question...

Are you saying you're signing into the Windows Live website via the browser or through "email+accounts" via the setttings menu?

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question...

Are you saying you're signing into the Windows Live website via the browser or through "email+accounts" via the setttings menu?

On the desktop I sign in and verify my contacts are there. Then from the Lumia I sign in through add an email account, but only email sync is available to check. No contacts, calendar, task etc....After adding email account on my Lumia nothing comes over, no contacts no calendar events, nothing. Mail works fine but nothing else.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Bizarre. Mine only has a box for email too, but contacts definitely synced. Was the first thing I did after firing it up and since it worked I never even checked the settings.

Your people hub isn't populating at all??

Perhaps deleting and re-adding the account will do the trick?

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but it sounds like you have multiple hotmail /live ids. To the best of my knowledge, your phone will sync calendars, contacts only from the primary account you used to setup the phone initially.

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but it sounds like you have multiple hotmail /live ids. To the best of my knowledge, your phone will sync calendars, contacts only from the primary account you used to setup the phone initially.

I believe I do have more than one, but when setting up this new phone I am only signing in with one not both.

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I did a hard re-set and started over again but when adding the windows id I would thing it will ask you like other accounts to check off email, contacts, calendars and task. Well each time I add the windows ID account it only ask me to check off email. Wow, this is so frustrating....

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
To clarify, you are saying your primary hotmail id you used to setup the phone is the same as the one that you are trying to sync the contacts/calendar, correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3