Disappointed WP7/Nokia advocate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arinoshoes

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This is a copy of the letter I emailed Microsoft tonight:

I waited 14 months for the Lumia 900 to come out. I read anything I could find regarding the Windows Phone 7 platform. I believed in the software, I became an advocate for the ecosystem. I waited for news of a Nokia Windows Phone on Verizon, but it never came. I reluctantly switched to AT&T because I believed in the hero Windows Phone from Nokia. I patiently waited despite launch date rumors, remained cautiously optimistic when my first phone stopped receiving a data connection, stayed patient when my second phone stopped receiving a data connection, eagerly anticipated the software update while away on vacation, happily downloaded the software update, and even stayed optimistic when the update didn't work on my phone. I decided to keep trying, to restore my phone to a pre-update state and retry the upload. Even when that failed, I stayed optimistic about a solution in an AT&T retail store.

But after 14 months, two failed phones, one failed software update, and a boatload of patience, I've finally had it. You see, I've had it because when I tried to backup my pictures in advance of an inevitable hard reset and possible new phone, when I tried copying my pictures to MICROSOFT SKYDRIVE, my entire picture album, a week's worth of photos and videos of my one year old son, my life experience at Coachella, my memories with my wife and friends, they were wiped out. Gone. Less than 10 seconds.

I have put up with a lot over 14 months, but now I've had it. At every turn I've provided endless advocacy for Microsoft. I've been the naysayer, having tried both iOS and Android. I have fought tooth and nail for Microsoft in discussions on mobile, I have preached for Windows Phone and I have converted some believers. As a marketer, I know the power of the product advocate, the passionate customer, the true believer in your product. You had me at hello. You lost me tonight.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I really beginning to dislike this forum, it's unlike any I have ever been a member of.

Sorry to hear that if you are upset about the forums and have comments to make please do so in the Meta forums. Please stay on topic in threads started by others.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure they aren't in your Pictures folder on your computer? Libraries > Pictures > From [Phonename] > Saved pictures

Abby says "Hello" from saved pictures and Sketch Camera!

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sounds reasonable to me...... NOT. Its always interesting how a post goes from.. everything wrong (or right) with a device to... the apologetic (or I hate it) I really hope WP7 succeeds.. but nevermind while I throw it under the bus.. LOL

Nothing wrong with the OP post.. Coulda just gone with iPhone like the rest.. really need to post here ? Just sayin.

Cause.. you know.. iPhone is perfect.. ..well.. if you hold it right :) Sorry couldnt resist :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
For the OP. Sorry to hear about the loss of your invaluable photos. I have only had good experiences with my L900, but can understand your frustration. Hope you find a phone that meets your needs. And thanks for giving the Lumia a chance.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Hard to believe that you couldn't move your pix to your PC or Skydrive.
You need to provide more details. Why trash the OS without trying to find out what happened?

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
When you hook up your phone to your computer, it copies your pictures/videos over to your computer. When you hooked it up to apply the update from Nokia, zune should have synced your phone. Pictures go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Pictures\From Lumia900.

But after 14 months, two failed phones, one failed software update, and a boatload of patience, I've finally had it. You see, I've had it because when I tried to backup my pictures in advance of an inevitable hard reset and possible new phone, when I tried copying my pictures to MICROSOFT SKYDRIVE, my entire picture album, a week's worth of photos and videos of my one year old son, my life experience at Coachella, my memories with my wife and friends, they were wiped out. Gone. Less than 10 seconds.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the opposite issue with pictures. Stupid zune software stashes my pics everywhere. I always find them in places that I never even though about looking.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
something doesn't seem right the pictures always sync with skydrive and show up on windows live on my computer and zune sync's them as well i am baffled.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Check your Zune and go to your pictures section IF you've connected your phone to your computer after taking those pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon