Beautiful ergonomics

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I was puzzled at first by the unusual button placement on the 900. Having used it for a few days, I am very impressed by the ergonomics. Basically, the 900 is a big phone. The usual positions for the buttons would have been wrong, but work perfectly for a phone this size:

Hold the phone in your left hand just as if you were taking it out of your pocket. Your fingers curl around the back of the phone. Your middle finger lands naturally right on the power button.

Now slide your hand gently up. Your index and middle fingers land exactly on the volume buttons.

Brilliant!

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not left handed either, but I've picked up on it almost instantaneously and my left index finger powers up the screen, and I'm good to go. I'll use my right hand to assist with any input that I need. I do love that about this phone and yes, the ergonomics really grew on me quickly.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I keep my phone in my right pocket and usually hold it with my right hand. The buttons (outside of camera, which I wouldn't use like this anyways) are perfect to touch with my thumb. The placement caused an initial issue with my GPS holder since it didn't quite have enough room to grip it without hitting buttons (it could, but took a few extra seconds). Once I put a case on it that has a cutout for the power button and camera button so those aren't raised, it works perfectly.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Nor am I! :p You really hold your phone in your right hand? I've always kept mine in my left pocket, picked up and used in left hand... I wonder if that's a vestige of the Treo days where you'd use the stylus in the right hand...

Hehe, well being right handed it lives in my right pocket. I do hold it in my left hand but if I am doing that I am normally doing two handed operation and working the touch screen with my right index finger.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3