Weird Gallery Quirk, that could be blame for Nokia Camera problem

ridie1389

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I was using my Lumia 900's camera and looking in the gallery, and when I slightly zoomed in on the image the quality of the image was SO much better then if its just on the screen when you first pull it up. Have people been blaming the camera without realizing this maybe? Thoughts?

ridie1389

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
no, I mean when looking in the albums if you slightly zoom in on the image that has already been taken, the quality suddenly become much more detailed

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i am guilty of blaming the camera i am going to my gallery now and trying this i hope this is the problem as the phone is awesome outside of the photos to me. also been playing with some apps that have worked as well. thanks

ridie1389

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
i am guilty of blaming the camera i am going to my gallery now and trying this i hope this is the problem as the phone is awesome outside of the photos to me. also been playing with some apps that have worked as well. thanks

No problem, just be sure to post if it helps or not, thanks

ridie1389

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never had any issues with the detail that the camera produces, it's just the color reproduction and low light pictures.

the zooming also helps to adjust color more correctly, although not to the same extent as the details. But I've had good results in lowering the exposure in the camera settings

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have found that the photos look much better on the pc than the phone screen. I think the bright super contrasty amoled screen makes the photos look a little off. I think there are probably fingerprints on the screen that interfere too.

I know they still aren't as good as some would like, but I have noticed they look better on the pc is all.

LawnPaul

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I was going to post about this too. I notice that the image looks good while focused, then blurs slightly when shot taken. HOWEVER if I zoom into the pic, it instantly looks better.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Btw this had been with wp7 since the beginning if I remember correctly. It may have been introduced with Mango, but it's been this way for awhile. Not to say that this isn't the problem, it's a very good point.

rumcajs997

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I`m using Lumia 900 and WP for a few days. Generally this is a great phone and WP is very nice too, but i`ve noticed few extremally annoying issues. The problem that you are talking about is one of them. You can see it not only on pictures that where made by the camera, but also on pictures that were downloaded from internet. This is something with resolution, probably WP cannot fit high resolution pictures to its resolution. But the weirdest thing is that like you said, slighty zoom is solving the problem.

BTW. There is an option in Zune that when you are sync pictures from your PC, it can automaticly convert these pictures to Lumia 900 resolution, but this is a bad solution becouse your pictures becoming probably to 800x480 resolution on our device. It`s absolutely unacceptable.

Yesterday I downloaded new WP 7.8 and I was hoping that they finally solved some issues (especially this one) but they didn`t... Nothing have changed with other issues too... It means that probably I will sell my Lumia 900, this is a great phone, but such things like for example this gallery issue are unacceptable for me.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3