Wireless Printing for Windows phone?

Kalebb2010

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
With my iPhone, I can simply click print and it will print whatever page I am viewing to my wireless printer. Does WP have this capability? While not a deal breaker, it would be very nice.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
if you have a Brother printer there is an app in the Marketplace called iprint&scan which communicates directly with Brother printers.
At this time there is no Epson app that I am aware of (I have an Epson).
Do a search in the Marketplace for your brand printer.
If there isn't one, write an email to the printer maker - that said, I bet they will hold off driver development for Windows RT.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya nothing i heard for print .. on the DLNA side there is an app called Playto by Nokia Beta Labs .. pretty cool apps to stream via Lumia 900 to PS3 / Machines ..

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm not sure if your printer allows this, but some of the wireless ones let you set up an email address that you can just forward an attachment to, and then it'll automatically print that.

If so, you might be able to at least use that option.

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there is an Epson product called Epson Connect and if you have a printer on a home net with access to the internet this set up from Epson will give your printer an email address, then you can send docs to the printer via email and it will print....

works fine on my Epson Workforce 845 AIO.

Go here and hook up and sign in. You can apparently scan to cloud etc. also.

https://www.epsonconnect.com/

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if your printer allows this, but some of the wireless ones let you set up an email address that you can just forward an attachment to, and then it'll automatically print that.

If so, you might be able to at least use that option.

Yes, you're looking for printers from HP that have eprint. I have the D110 and can send an email to the printers email address and it prints.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Some of the newer hp printers print attachments when you send them to the printer email address
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hp also has what they call e-print, using an email address to send docs to.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Last edited:

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an HP, but its no where near good enough on my 8x vs iPhone or Android. I can print from pretty much anywhere on my phone with those 2. With the 8x I have to go through email.

It works, but its a pain and not very user friendly. With all the Office integration, I hope they fix that in the next update.

I doubt my l900 will ever see the update for any of it sadly. I've basically sat it aside to collect dust as our home phone.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I just got an epson XP-400 and it has epson connect which once you sign up for it and install the software gives your porinter an email address Its also got buiolt in wifi

hhover

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you're looking for printers from HP that have eprint. I have the D110 and can send an email to the printers email address and it prints.

I also have the D110 and have setup an email address for it. Works well for me, some limitations but overall it is satisfactory.
Now I'm looking for a Color LaserJet/ Scanner where I can do something similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism