Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    With my iPhone, I can simply click print and it will print whatever page I am viewing to my wireless printer. Does WP have this capability? While not a deal breaker, it would be very nice.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Well I may have found the answer myself. Looks like its not currently possible, at least not as easily and quickly.

if you have a Brother printer there is an app in the Marketplace called iprint&scan which communicates directly with Brother printers.
    At this time there is no Epson app that I am aware of (I have an Epson).
    Do a search in the Marketplace for your brand printer.
    If there isn't one, write an email to the printer maker - that said, I bet they will hold off driver development for Windows RT.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Ya nothing i heard for print .. on the DLNA side there is an app called Playto by Nokia Beta Labs .. pretty cool apps to stream via Lumia 900 to PS3 / Machines ..

Global Posts
    8,086 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if your printer allows this, but some of the wireless ones let you set up an email address that you can just forward an attachment to, and then it'll automatically print that.

If so, you might be able to at least use that option.

Yes, there is an Epson product called Epson Connect and if you have a printer on a home net with access to the internet this set up from Epson will give your printer an email address, then you can send docs to the printer via email and it will print....

works fine on my Epson Workforce 845 AIO.

Go here and hook up and sign in. You can apparently scan to cloud etc. also.

https://www.epsonconnect.com/

Global Posts
    1,389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm not sure if your printer allows this, but some of the wireless ones let you set up an email address that you can just forward an attachment to, and then it'll automatically print that.

If so, you might be able to at least use that option.
    Yes, you're looking for printers from HP that have eprint. I have the D110 and can send an email to the printers email address and it prints.
    Some of the newer hp printers print attachments when you send them to the printer email address
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Hp also has what they call e-print, using an email address to send docs to.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Last edited by Jastow; 12-30-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    I'm using an HP, but its no where near good enough on my 8x vs iPhone or Android. I can print from pretty much anywhere on my phone with those 2. With the 8x I have to go through email.

It works, but its a pain and not very user friendly. With all the Office integration, I hope they fix that in the next update.

I doubt my l900 will ever see the update for any of it sadly. I've basically sat it aside to collect dust as our home phone.
    I carry a fleet!
    AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Lumia 900
    HTC 8X
    iPhone 4S

Now featuring more Sprint!
    HTC EVO 4G LTE

How's that for a geek pathology!

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    I just got an epson XP-400 and it has epson connect which once you sign up for it and install the software gives your porinter an email address Its also got buiolt in wifi
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Quote Originally Posted by 11B1P View Post
    Yes, you're looking for printers from HP that have eprint. I have the D110 and can send an email to the printers email address and it prints.
    I also have the D110 and have setup an email address for it. Works well for me, some limitations but overall it is satisfactory.
    Now I'm looking for a Color LaserJet/ Scanner where I can do something similar.

Sure, that works. But then, that works with anything that can send an e-mail. It's OK, but not quite the same.