Lumia 900 text to speech in BMW

blends

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When I had my HTC Arrive I noticed that from time to time the phone wouldn't read my text messages over Bluetooth in my car. With the Lumia 900 it's even more inconsistent. If I go to settings and turn off speech and then enable it again it usually starts working again but this is really annoying.

Speech to text works fine all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this in their BMW or any other vehicle with factory installed Bluetooth?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

allipki

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
same issue in ML, looks like BT Mic in car picks road noise and it doesn't understand the words, or it just made not intuitive enough, very upset nice feature to use in car almost useless

petercip

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a bug... But in my Jeep, with an aftermarket JVC navigation unit, this feature works flawlessly.
In fact, in my STI, it worked perfectly as well. Reading the texts would be instant, but there wasn't a chance in **** that the WP7 could pick up what i was saying because of the amount of road noise in that car. The Subaru Bluetooth seems to be a total joke anyhow, as no one could understand anything I was saying over 30MPH.

Both of these cars have atrocious road noise as you could imagine, so it may not be that. I have noticed in some cars, that there is a delay introduced from the car switching to the phones bluetooth. This can cut off some of the text to speech, but I've never missed a notification because of it.

nite732

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with mine at first. I unpaired it and paired it again and it has worked great. I don't know if its the bluetooth in the vehicle that is different mine is a 2008 750li and I know in my 2004 the bluetooth was seperate now its bulit in.

blends

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is also a 2008. Just unpaired the device and paired it again. Did a quick test and all is well. My Bluetooth is also built into the nav. I think the issue had something to do with me leaving the car with the engine running and the phone in my pocket then coming back. Something with the disconnecting and reconnecting of the car's Bluetooth. I'll test it tomorrow but for now it's working.

RockPaperBFG

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not to be a bug... But in my Jeep, with an aftermarket JVC navigation unit, this feature works flawlessly.
In fact, in my STI, it worked perfectly as well. Reading the texts would be instant, but there wasn't a chance in **** that the WP7 could pick up what i was saying because of the amount of road noise in that car. The Subaru Bluetooth seems to be a total joke anyhow, as no one could understand anything I was saying over 30MPH.

Both of these cars have atrocious road noise as you could imagine, so it may not be that. I have noticed in some cars, that there is a delay introduced from the car switching to the phones bluetooth. This can cut off some of the text to speech, but I've never missed a notification because of it.

My STi bluetooth sucks as well, so I feel your pain.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 710 and before that my HTC HD7 work perfectly with my 2011 BMW 128i

One thing to note is that if your phone is on silent/vibrate it won't read the texts to you.

blends

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My Lumia 710 and before that my HTC HD7 work perfectly with my 2011 BMW 128i

One thing to note is that if your phone is on silent/vibrate it won't read the texts to you.

I didn't know that. Man that's annoying. My EVO would always read my messages when set to silent/vibrate as long as it was connected to Bluetooth. The phone should at least give me the option to allow speech whenever I'm connected to the Bluetooth in the car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans