Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rumour has it...

the white Lumia 900 is being sold in some AT&T stores a bit prematurely.

White Nokia Lumia 900 now in stores! | WMPoweruser

White Lumia 900’s are in AT&T Stores Now - Mobility Digest - Mobility Digest

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I pressed several times... Still no bacon. :'(

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Picked one up a couple of hours ago. Absolutely beautiful phone. Really makes Android and iPhones look ordinary.

Also, as I was talking to the manager, he mentioned that the Nokia rep was in today, talking about how Nokia has not been able to keep up with demand, and that the Lumia 900 has sold well beyond Nokia's expectation. Good to hear, as having a third choice of mobile OS is a good thing for consumers.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Just picked up my white Lumia 900, and it's very sexy :) Love the glossy body of the white one compared to the matte finish of the other two. When I went into the store they were just putting out the white display model as well.

Only problem I'm having is that I cannot change my Zune Pass ID....it's like Player203492039482. The site to do this apparently is down.

Also, I didn't have to pay a dime. They just gave me the phone without the $99.99 due to the credit they're still offering. The $36 upgrade fee will be on the first bill though.

So is the white version exclusive only to AT&T stores or is it going to be available at other locals like Best Buy, Fry's, Target, etc

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    yep going on day 2 with the white lumia 900 and its better looking than the black one i had and i love the fact that finger prints do not show up on the body as easy as the black did i think its the gloss not sure but liking this way better.

I bought a black one last week..loved it but something told me to get the white one..so I swapped it out today. Great looking phone. I also got a the black gel case if I want to get the black look again from time to time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts
    More pertier than cyan??????
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,304 Global Posts
    I may sell my Titan and get a White Lumia unsubsidized. I don't want to give up the camera on my Titan but if HTC doesn't release a significant firmware update attached to Tango then I don't want to be there when the ship sinks.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    More pertier than cyan??????
    yes it is better looking than the cyan if you ask me just my opinion i swapped my black one for it yesterday or should i say Friday.

Global Posts
    2,806 Global Posts
    Owners: do you feel that the gloss will peel or chip away over time?

Sent from my Le Lumia using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    857 Global Posts
    If so just slap a cover on it I guess, the form fitting ones are so nice it's like they aren't even there. I kind of hope they release a white gel case.

I took advantage of the free swap AT&T was offering and gave them my Cyan. The camera button didn't always work and the volume buttons weren't working when the phone was locked, so eh, wanted to see if a new one worked out better.

The were out of the Cyan, so I had to choose Black or White, and I wanted a phone that popped. Really liking it, except for two things:

Volume buttons don't work from lockscreen;
    Camera button doesn't always work

AND, the camera button is actually loose, and it rattles any time I move the phone. :( Think they'll let me switch again?

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I Swapped my Cyan for a white one yesterday and the sales rep was like "I really like the white! It doesn't look cheap like the other ones!" lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    I took advantage of the free swap AT&T was offering and gave them my Cyan. The camera button didn't always work and the volume buttons weren't working when the phone was locked, so eh, wanted to see if a new one worked out better.

The were out of the Cyan, so I had to choose Black or White, and I wanted a phone that popped. Really liking it, except for two things:

Volume buttons don't work from lockscreen;
    Camera button doesn't always work

AND, the camera button is actually loose, and it rattles any time I move the phone. :( Think they'll let me switch again?
    Wondering why you didn't test these things out before you get out of the store?Regarding camera button, I believe all 2 stage buttons will have some play in it, I could be wrong. Somehow, when I read through these threads, I feel like it is the same people having issues with the handsets again and again. Not calling you out on this, but may be some of you have set the bars too high.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I got my wife the white one yesterday. I have the cyan. I set it up for her but it was while we were out and about so it was sunny. She complained last night the pictures did not look as good as mine. I took a look and it did nlook off. I started to notice that the screen has a red hue to it. There are no greys or whites. They are a bit off. I am guessing the screen is bad. Curious if any one has noted this with the white one?

Quote Originally Posted by vishrb View Post
    I got my wife the white one yesterday. I have the cyan. I set it up for her but it was while we were out and about so it was sunny. She complained last night the pictures did not look as good as mine. I took a look and it did nlook off. I started to notice that the screen has a red hue to it. There are no greys or whites. They are a bit off. I am guessing the screen is bad. Curious if any one has noted this with the white one?
    I have the red hue too, especially in low light. However, I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket.Seems like this is a AMOLED issue?
    I went to the At&t last night at around closing. The White Lumia 900 looks nice but it is kind of slippery in your hand. I know i would drop it! It is the only reason why I will stick to my Black L900.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    My phone has the same "loose" camera button, but again, I think it's due to the two stage button type. Not too concerned. I got the phone for free.

Global Posts
    857 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    No it is not gonna revolutionize anything and the novelty of the chassis wore out pretty quickly after using it for the first time. What's left is just good ol' windows phone, which can be a pain in the *** once you get pass the smoke and mirrors of all the smooth transitions and scrolling.

The white lumia is so much nicer than the mushy and dingy cyan and black ones. It feels really solid and not oily at all. It's not slippery and seems to have a lot of friction. Maybe it was a new model on display at the AT&T store so it wasn't oiled up enough yet. They had all three in a row and the glossy white just popped in comparison to the other two.

The power button is small, recessed, and positioned in a lame spot. Why the **** would you put it in the MIDDLE of two other buttons? The volume buttons and power button are the same size and feel and right next to each other. If you want to put the power button on the side, follow Samsung's example and put a prominent, easy to push one near the top, where the index finger falls on. Some things just baffle me that they passed even the most rudimementary of QA or actual use.
    I had the same thought, then I realize it's actually placed very well and I was letting old habits get in the way. There are two ways to hit the button if you're right handed, and one good way if you're left handed.

Right-handed use the tip of your thumb or the middle of it, left-handed use the tip of your middle finger. If it were at the top it'd be less convenient to reach it because you'd be stretching your fingers way up and adjusting your grip. Just ask people with a titan.
    Last edited by oldpueblo; 04-22-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HillBillJr View Post
    I have the red hue too, especially in low light. However, I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket.Seems like this is a AMOLED issue?
    I started a new thread about this as the second white 900 I got also had the same issue. It was not just a bit off but no where near the cyan. I will post a pic ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by vishrb View Post
    I started a new thread about this as the second white 900 I got also had the same issue. It was not just a bit off but no where near the cyan. I will post a pic ASAP.
    I have the same with my new white 900. But only when the screen brightness is set to Medium and Automatic Adjustment. If you turn Auto Adjust off, at the highest medium level there is less of the red tint.

Does anyone know if this occurs on the cyan or black 900s?

Quote Originally Posted by ad2107 View Post
    I have the same with my new white 900. But only when the screen brightness is set to Medium and Automatic Adjustment. If you turn Auto Adjust off, at the highest medium level there is less of the red tint.

Does anyone know if this occurs on the cyan or black 900s?
    Same issue with the hue being off color compared to the other Cyan and Black L900. Keyboard looks purplish when on automatic or low setting.

Quote Originally Posted by spampy2 View Post
    Same issue with the hue being off color compared to the other Cyan and Black L900. Keyboard looks purplish when on automatic or low setting.
    Same with mine. I usually keep mine on low, but I guess Medium will have to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast