Upgraded to Lumia 900 and now cannot post to facebook

brokenmachine65

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So I have been happily using my Samsung Focus without issue for quite some time, when the 900 came out I just couldn't resist an upgrade.

Everything went great with the upgrade except I cannot post a status message to facebook with either the People hub nor the Facebook app. I have removed the account and re-added it, I removed the FB connection in my windows live account and readded it all to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Checked Facebook to check your security settings? Maybe you have to authorise your new connections. What error are you getting, if any?

brokenmachine65

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Also tried removing the need for login approvals. Also no change for either the facebook app or the builtin system. I can "like" other posts and comment on them. I Simply cannot create a new post

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Also tried removing the need for login approvals. Also no change for either the facebook app or the builtin system. I can "like" other posts and comment on them. I Simply cannot create a new post

Have you tried deleting your FB account in your phone then re-adding/resynching it?. You can also login to hotmail on your PC and connect FB to your hotmail/live account.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So I have been happily using my Samsung Focus without issue for quite some time, when the 900 came out I just couldn't resist an upgrade.

Everything went great with the upgrade except I cannot post a status message to facebook with either the People hub nor the Facebook app. I have removed the account and re-added it, I removed the FB connection in my windows live account and readded it all to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Not sure what part of state you're in. We're experiencing data outtage here in California. But it is now working. This could be your problem.

Try cycle the power by holding the power button for 10 seconds, it should shut itself down. Wait few mins and then power your phone back on.

theBrknSystm#WP

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hrm, So I am the only person to experience this problem? Great...
No, I'm experiencing this problem as well and have an open case with Nokia (which I need to call them back on since it get escalated). Even though I believe this to be an OS issue mine started happening right after activating my 900 as well. After wiping my old phone it could no longer post either. I've also wiped the 900 just to be certain and nothing. I'm at a loss at this point. I've seen posts on both Nokia's support forums and Microsoft Answers with others stating the same thing so we are NOT alone. Something very fundamental (likely privacy/security related) is going on here but I haven't been able to pinpoint it either.

theBrknSystm#WP

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I noticed that under my Security settings on Facebook, I don't see my phone listed under devices. Is that normal?
Those devices get added when logging in through web browsers or applications that pass-through info via web browse/your account directly. If you have device security enabled and logon to Facebook through IE on WP it will ask you to add the device. This is a way to ensure that it's 'you' logging in from a 'known' or 'safe' device. I don't believe that has anything to do with the issue we are seeing here though. I actually went so far when first troubleshooting this to remove all listed devices, add/remove FB from Windows Live (about a dozen times), add/re-add on the phone (just as many times) and tweak privacy settings to more 'default' like ones via Facebook … all to no avail.

nicewabbit

May 7, 2012
Visit site
SO, I just noticed that using the Facebook app, i could upload to 'Mobile Uploads' but not to another folder. Also, I set my location settings on the FB app on, because I noticed some iPhone users had issues with that too and received the same error message.

theBrknSystm#WP

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Here are links to MS Answers Forum Post and Nokia Support forum for this topic. The following is a procedure that worked for me based on answers from the two forums.

Can't post status updates to Facebook via Me Tile or Facebook - Microsoft Answers

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Can't post status updates to Facebook via Me T... - Nokia Support Discussions

This worked for me once I finally got the app to show up so I could modify settings. I found that because I have secure browsing enabled that it would not show up for me. So I've added a couple steps to your list (in the event anyone else has secure browsing enabled).

1. Facebook - Account Settings - Security - Secure Browsing - Set to 'Disable'

2. Go to the 'Windows Phone' App in Facebook - enter it in the search box. Note - Go to the app, not the group.

3. Refresh several times - Ctrl+F5

4. Go to Facebook Home

5. Windows Phone should be there under 'Apps'

5.1. If it doesn't show up go back to the 'Windows Phone' app (Step 2) and refresh several more times. If the page appears to be 'loading' allow it some time to do so. Nothing ever actually appeared on the page for me but the time it finally worked it did sit and act like it was attempting to load something for an extended period of time.

6. Click on the pencil icon next to it and select 'Edit Settings'

7. Set up your wall post viewing rights the way you want them.

… all I had to do was modify mine and it immediately worked. I even changed it back to the original custom settings and it still worked after. It's almost as if it somehow null'd out those settings and just needed them reset.

8. Save the settings

… test posting a message or checking in from the 'Me' tile and if good proceed.

9. Facebook - Account Settings - Security - Secure Browsing - Set to 'Enable'

… even after settings secure browsing back to an on state I'm still in good shape!

I now feel like a big piece of my WP Experience is back and that makes me a happy WP Enthusiast once again! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss