Question about Very first Initial Charge of Lumia 900

lumia_steve

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Why does it seem that the battery for Lumia 900 takes a really long time for the initial charge?

I received it today, and unpacked it, plugged it in.. it went to 90% fairly quickly, but been that way for about 4.5 hours. The little animation shows it's still charging though.

Nice looking phone though.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the charger that came with the Lumia 900? You need to use a 1A charger (like the white one included with you phone). After your phones reaches 100%, it will drain to 97-98% and then charge back up to 100% and repeat the process every 20-30 minutes. Is that what you are seeing?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

lumia_steve

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, using the original charger that came with it, the Nokia one. The only other one I have it the free car charger that amazon slipped into the box as a gift.

Out of all the times I've looked back at the phone (it's in the corner of the room.. i'm not near it), it's never reached 100%, at least the precise moment that I checked it. I just see the flashing plug symbol, and the progress very very close to 100 but not there.

It's probably more than 5 hours plugged in now. I'm wondering if this weirdness is just due to the first-time charge.

Hopefully Amazon didn't send me someone else's returned phone, where they thought they could slip it through :dry.

lumia_steve

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, i just walkd back to it, and I tried unplugging it for the **** of it, then re-plugging it..

i then heard a little tune, along with the 100% progress. Weird. Whatever. Looks charged now.
Thanks foir your response

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12