From Galaxy Note to Lumia 900 and loving it!

aewatsonsr77

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 900 for a couple of weeks and I can honestly say the only thing I miss slightly about the Note is the screen size. This is an amazing phone! Samsung needs to take notes from Nokia and stop using cheap plastic in their phones. The Lumia 900 feels like a premium device in the hand. The only phone that I've owned that comes close is the Iphone 4. The tiled interface in Windows Phone 7.5 took some getting used to but now I love it. It's simpler than Android but it puts all of your most important stuff front and center. The live tiles update and the People Hub is amazing. You don't have to open the FB or Twitter apps to update status or check on friends. The phone only has a single core processor but it is light years faster than my old Note. I have not experienced one instance of lag at all and I've never had to reset the phone! After owning several Android devices, this is amazing to me.
The app selection is increasing and I've managed to find most of my favorites. Also, the apps on Windows Phone look so much more refined than their Android equivalents. I truly hope this platform succeeds because it's impressive. For those who may think I'm biased towards one platform or another, I've owned just about every type of phone imaginable from Palm, Apple, Samsung, Htc, Motorola, and countless others. I love gadgets! The smoothness and fluidity of Windows Phone 7.5 is really nice. My only gripe is the lack of cases available. I prefer my phone on my hip instead of in a pocket. I'm looking for a case/holster combo for the Lumia 900. Also, the camera is impressive in well lit conditions but not so much in low lighting. That's not a big problem for me though.
My wife still has her white Galaxy Note which she absolutely loves and every once in awhile I'll play with it to marvel at that big *** screen. Overall though, I really love my Lumia 900. This is my first Windows Phone and I'm so glad that I waited. For anyone considering Windows Phone, my advice would be to visit an AT&T store and check one out. You have 30 days to return it if you aren't satisfied.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a case, but I do use a horizontal leather holster. I got the holster at the AT&T store when I bought my device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have owned the note as well and agree that the lumia 900 feels much more refined. I love this device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express