| | 04-21-2012, 02:55 PM #1
I need some forum advice here. I'm pretty sure I need to just exchange my black pre-ordered Lumia 900 for a new one, despite the update.
Here's what has happened twice now:
(1) I lose all ability to send and receive text messages.
(2) Emails do not appear to send or even be stored in my Sent Items folder.
(3) Pictures will disappear to an all black nothing. Just the ones taken within a few hours of this starting to happen, mind you, not all of them. They are not uploaded to Skydrive, so they are truly gone.
(4) The phone starts to heat up rapidly and it goes through battery very quickly. I'm talking from 100% to 5% in 4 or 5 hours. DEFINITELY not normal.
(5) It's not clear if I've actually lost data or not. The 4G still shows up and the Live Tiles appear to be active, but perhaps it's just stuck.
In short, the phone seems to lose the data connection and then spends a LOT of power trying to re-establish it. It is not fixed by a power cycle.
This has only happened twice since I've gotten the device, but it's rather disconcerting to get a phone call and be told that I've been being texted all morning and haven't received a single one.
So, since I'm already pretty convinced this is a defective handset, does anyone think this is NOT a reason to exchange for a new one?
(When it works normally, I love it.)