Best weather app?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not impressed with The Weather Channel or the default MS one. I can't seem to find the hourly forecast for the day on either of those apps. How does Weather Bug compare? Also which weather app has the best 'live tile' that shows the most info at a glance?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
WPCentral had an article yesterday comparing a bunch of weather apps. You should search their articles. Personally, I like TWC the best. My only gripe is that sharing on FB doesn't show the correct current temp.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
FWIW the Microsoft one has hourly forecast on the main screen when you open the app.

I used to use accuweather, but the simplicity of the Microsoft weather app has started to win me over. I don't really use anything but the forecast and current conditions.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
There aren't any good ones that have severe weather alerts on their radars which was very frustrating when I went tornado chasing a few weeks ago. For everything else I use the weather channel app.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i'm partial to weather flow just because i like the layout and the live tile design.

plus i live in southern california, so there isn't much i need in a weather app aside from telling me how sunny it's going to be ;)

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried just about every one. I ended up with WeatherMaster and am sticking with it. it was the only one that had a working live tile that wasnt hideous and had radar inside it. I like how it shows your the forecasts and i like how you can set it to a metro style so it matches the OS better. I liked the MS weather too but it didnt have radar.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
AccuWeather. Why?

- Live tile shows current conditions AND forecast. The other weather apps I've tried only show current conditions.
- Quick access to ten day forecast, satellite image and radar (in motion, with ability to easily zoom in and out of locations)
- Hourly forecast
- Quick, smooth severe weather alerts

Last edited:

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
There aren't any good ones that have severe weather alerts on their radars which was very frustrating when I went tornado chasing a few weeks ago. For everything else I use the weather channel app.
Actually accuwesther has all of that I get severe alerts, and a radar

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The weather channel app has hourly forecast. I'd you tap on the 36 hour forecast you will go down a level which shows you the 36 hour, 10-day and hourly forecasts.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Not 900 related (yet, but will be when it launches in Europe). WeatherMaster is amazing if You are looking for alternative units of measure like m/s wind speeds etc.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Does TWC app do toast alerts? I haven't seen any. I've been using WeatherMaster lately though. I really wanted toast alerts for severe weather. The Accuweather app seems to run kinda slow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo