Nokia Lied to Me

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Nokia was to give a 100$ dollar refund to EVERY Nokia customer, unfortunately that is not the case. Only those who experienced data issues will receive the refund. I had contracted Nokia right after purchasing the phone to make sure that I would receive the refund and was told that I would on my next bill from AT&T. The next AT&T bill did NOT have the refund so i called up Nokia to see when I would receive the refund and was told that (by the same person I had contact previously) only those who experienced data difficulties would receive the 100 dollars. I'm quite upset with AT&T and Nokia on this and would not have purchased the device so early had I known the truth of this refund.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it should be applied on the next bill after your 30 day return period is up. They wouldn't want to give you $100 and have you then go use a different phone.

As for what that person said, I don't know...the press release clearly states ANYONE who bought it before the 21st will get the rebate.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it should be applied on the next bill after your 30 day return period is up. They wouldn't want to give you $100 and have you then go use a different phone.

As for what that person said, I don't know...the press release clearly states ANYONE who bought it before the 21st will get the rebate.
I hope that is true. It makes sense, but I'm worried about what the Nokia support guy had to say, I was positive that anyone who bought it would receive the 100$.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
the rep you talked to is misinformed. Anyone who bought it as stated by a Nokia official will get a credit that will be applied to your bill AFTER 30 day period. Saying that only those affected by the issue will get a credit makes no sense because there is no way to know who had the issue and who didn't. Just because someone didn't report the issue doesn't mean that he/she didn't have the data problem.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
there is no way for nokia to determine who had the issues. All lumia 900 buyers with att service will get the credit .

Be patient

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I was told it would take about two bills.

I wouldn't be surprised if it took 2 billing cycles after the 30 days. So if you are in mid billing cycle when your 30 day return window is up, you'll have to wait for that billing cycle to end and then 2 more. Att is usually slow at giving customers money back but as long as I get it, I'll be happy. If I don't get then, I won't be too upset (probably for an hour)

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Nokia was to give a 100$ dollar refund to EVERY Nokia customer, unfortunately that is not the case. Only those who experienced data issues will receive the refund. I had contracted Nokia right after purchasing the phone to make sure that I would receive the refund and was told that I would on my next bill from AT&T. The next AT&T bill did NOT have the refund so i called up Nokia to see when I would receive the refund and was told that (by the same person I had contact previously) only those who experienced data difficulties would receive the 100 dollars. I'm quite upset with AT&T and Nokia on this and would not have purchased the device so early had I known the truth of this refund.

Unbelievable :rolleyes:

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
RiseAgainst94

Dramatic much? By now one would think that most people would know that reps that work for most of these companies usually know less about products and policies than an average person that has done some research online before hand. So if they tell you something that doesn't sound right, it probably isn't. Like the other person said, have some patience. The refund will take two billing cycles.

Last edited:

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Dramatic much? By now one would think that most people would know that reps that work for most of these companies usually know less about products and policies than an average person that has done some research online before hand. So if they tell you something that doesn't sound right, it probably isn't. Like the other person said, have some patience. The refund will take two billing cycles.
Figured being dramatic would get people to comment on the issue so I could know for sure, I was right.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It will be after 30 days are up! Fact. So it will most likely be on either the 2nd or 3rd bill after buying the device.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia's lie stories are very common . just look at us Canadians .. their official Canadian site says April 20th but still no update to fix the data issue ..

vantil

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Nokia's lie stories are very common . just look at us Canadians .. their official Canadian site says April 20th but still no update to fix the data issue ..

It's not a lie. It's a traget date that was missed.
I'm sure they fix it soon. Elop is a canadian after all! ;)

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia update in Canada. Last contact with Nokia I was told it would likely be Tuesday now. I have had no data on my phone since Wednesday. I'm toughing it out till the update but getting p*ssed because I leave on vacation today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb