Microsoft Office and exchange question

Greek1963

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I am curious as to the functionality of office? The adds clearly say "create" documents but everyone else says you can only "edit" or "view" them? What is the truth? I find it odd the Microsoft who developed office would have less functionality in their mobile app than the third part apps like Quickoffice? Can this be updated or improved?

Also if I have an outlook email account(corporate) how is it different or have better functionality than my active sync exchange set up on my iphone4? I am really interested in changing but use my phone mainly for work so these two areas are important.

Thanks

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had multiple iPhones and the exchange on the Lumia 900 is far superior. The ease of use,size of viewing, the threading and the fonts make it so much better. It is hard to give you a tangible explanation as to why, but I would give the iPhone implementation a 6 and the Lumia a 10. Bear in mind this is coming from a mac lover.

I am curious as to the functionality of office? The adds clearly say "create" documents but everyone else says you can only "edit" or "view" them? What is the truth? I find it odd the Microsoft who developed office would have less functionality in their mobile app than the third part apps like Quickoffice? Can this be updated or improved?

Also if I have an outlook email account(corporate) how is it different or have better functionality than my active sync exchange set up on my iphone4? I am really interested in changing but use my phone mainly for work so these two areas are important.

Thanks

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The Office funcionality you want with office is here, bar none. You can indeed create doc from office. Also automaticaly sync with sharepoint or skydrive notes or docs. The good thing about exchange on wp7 is how good it works. Fast, beautiful and high contrast. Emails are inmediate and has no limitations. Even read rights protected emails. The drawback is that it will force you to use a password for the phone always.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Greek1963

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The Office funcionality you want with office is here, bar none. You can indeed create doc from office. Also automaticaly sync with sharepoint or skydrive notes or docs. The good thing about exchange on wp7 is how good it works. Fast, beautiful and high contrast. Emails are inmediate and has no limitations. Even read rights protected emails. The drawback is that it will force you to use a password for the phone always.

Thanks. I currently am required to use a password on my iPhone exchange account. Any issues opening certain attachments? Read in this forum that some files were not able to be opened? Size, zip, ? Not sure

Greek1963

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had multiple iPhones and the exchange on the Lumia 900 is far superior. The ease of use,size of viewing, the threading and the fonts make it so much better. It is hard to give you a tangible explanation as to why, but I would give the iPhone implementation a 6 and the Lumia a 10. Bear in mind this is coming from a mac lover.
I was looking for font sizing in settings. Is there a way to enlarge within the email?

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Need to have the adobe reader app. But that sometimes does not work. All office attachments open in the office app. Zip does not open ( at least i don't have an app that can handle zip, and since you cannot see file in the phone i doubt it would be usefull)

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the only thing you can't create are Power Points. Everything else you can create, but it's pretty bare bones, but it's enough for on the go needs imo.

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Doc and Xls only...no ppt. Also if excel is 2010 and has some special func. then you can't edit. In ppt you can't add slides..just edit existing ones. Its basic and good for on the go...not for hardcore enthusiasts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa