Ok guys, let's make a straightforward "bug" list...
04-23-2012 02:27 PM
- I do not own a Lumia 900. I was so excited for it before it's launch, and honestly, visiting these forums so much has diminished my love for it greatly. I'm not sure if it's just a lot of people on here complain about little things, and the "bugs" aren't bad and/or affect a very small percentage of the phones (on here, it seems it affects a lot, but that could be because good phones aren't reported on here nearly as much), or what, but I'm getting discouraged.
So, help me feel better. From what I understand, the following are the "bugs" (post-update):
Vibration rattle: okay, so whenever someone mentions this, is this what they're talking about?
- If so, I can confirm that neither my sister's nor my girlfriend's 900 does that. It doesn't sound amazing when it vibrates, but definitely not that.
Back button/Start button misreads: read where people say that when they tap back/Start, the phone reads that it held it and brings up Tell Me/multitasking.
- This happens an unforgiveable amount on my Focus S. Never once happened with OG Focus. Does this actually happen on the 900 guys?
- Okay, so from my own personal experience, I do not think the camera is bad. It's not as good as my Focus S in good-light, however, in low-light conditions sans flash (and oftentimes with flash), it does take better, clearer pictures than my Focus S. It seems to be able, without flash, to use what light is in the room in low-light conditions better. Do you guys think that we think the camera is "bad" because of the Zeiss name on it? Like, what if Nokia didn't put that name on it, do you guys think anyone would really even talk about the camera?
Camera/volume controls while screen is off: Issue where the volume controls/camera-unlock feature does not work consistently when screen is locked.
- I can confirm that this is definitely an issue. I tested it with both 900s (gf's and sister's) and both only unlocked with camera button 50% of the time. I have not tested for volume controls, is it the same case with that?
I'm hoping to compile a list after this discussion is done to send to Nokia US. So, discuss.04-23-2012 11:03 AM
- Other than there being a dedicated area for this already, the irony is a thread on bugs from a non-owner. No offense, but I work in wireless too and have access to many devices. Doesn't warrant me taking the lead on something like this, however, or starting a separate thread.
Just sayin.....04-23-2012 11:48 AM
- I haven't had a single problem with my Lumia 900. Its been excellent. You will see griping and complaining about any product on the internet. If you read enough forum post about anything, you'd never buy anything.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express04-23-2012 11:52 AMLike 1
- Lol, not sure what you're point is. I'm a potential owner, trying to make an informed decision. I wasn't aware that was a bad thing?Other than there being a dedicated area for this already, the irony is a thread on bugs from a non-owner. No offense, but I work in wireless too and have access to many devices. Doesn't warrant me taking the lead on something like this, however, or starting a separate thread.
Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.04-23-2012 12:09 PM
Not a bad thing. Just extra work. Perhaps compiling the information from the already created thread would be more beneficial towards your overall goal vs. recreating the wheel.04-23-2012 12:18 PM
- There seem to be 900 owners falling all over the spectrum here: people who have had no problems, people who have had lots of problems, and people whose experience falls somewhere in between those two extremes.
My experience has been closer to the "lots of problems" side of the spectrum. My device doesn't rattle (the vibrate does sound different than any other phone I've every owned, but I wouldn't describe it as a rattling sound) and my back button has only misread a tap as a hold once or twice. So I don't think my device has those issues.
However, I am plagued with several others, such as:
Poor camera performance that includes the pink spot. I'll have to check out some other Lumia 900s on display to see if mine is actually any different, or that the camera is what it is and different people have different definitions of what "poor" means to them. But I can say that the camera on my 900 is not as good as the camera on my fiancee's Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII on Sprint).
Flaky WiFi performance. There is a thread about this, but this seems to be something that is affecting only some 900 owners. Probably not even a majority, but there is an issue with some 900s, including mine.
Camera shutter button wakes device from sleep some days and not others, seemingly without rhyme or reason. Again, there is a thread dedicated to this issue and not everyone is experiencing it. I wasn't experiencing it, until one day I was. Now, without making any deliberate changes, the problem has disappeared. Hopefully for good.
Overall I'm very happy with the device and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool WP7 power user. But there are definitely some issues with the 900 that do exist. There are some on this forum that think that since they themselves are not experiencing any issues, that there are no issues for anyone and that people are lying. Let me tell you plainly: I am not lying about any of the issues described above.04-23-2012 12:38 PM
- I haven't had any of the issues on the bug list. Got the phone 3 days after launch. Green dot on the box. WiFi works great, phone is solidly built. The back button works fine. Only slight gripe is crappy camera in low light conditions, I'm hoping its fixed in a software update.04-23-2012 12:51 PM
- Windows Central Archives
- Windows Central Archive
- Nokia Lumia 900
Ok guys, let's make a straightforward "bug" list...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD