Using multiple Live accounts on Lumia

KazeRai

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I'm planning to buy a lumia 900 as soon it becomes available here in Europe.
I have a (possible dumb) question:

- Is it possible to use different live accounts in Lumia (for example one for Skype, one for the marketplace, one for skydrive and another for email)?

Thanks!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yes you can do that but the email address you pick as your phones live ID will work with the Marketplace and will need to be the same email you use on your XBOX. (if you have one) This live ID will be associated with your Gamer Tag. The email address you use as your live ID will be the one you log in with when you first turn in the phone. This email address cannot be changed so you will want it to be your primary email. Skydrive will be associated with this email address as well but you can use the Skydrive app to log in to a different Skydrive box if needed. On apps that require login like Skype you can log in with any email address you chose.

KazeRai

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can do that but the email address you pick as your phones live ID will work with the Marketplace and will need to be the same email you use on your XBOX. (if you have one) This live ID will be associated with your Gamer Tag. The email address you use as your live ID will be the one you log in with when you first turn in the phone. This email address cannot be changed so you will want it to be your primary email. Skydrive will be associated with this email address as well but you can use the Skydrive app to log in to a different Skydrive box if needed. On apps that require login like Skype you can log in with any email address you chose.

I was afraid of that answer.
The problem is that i have created a Zune Live ID with my main email but with the wrong country.
This means that i cant put a valid credit card in this account to buy apps in marketplace because it doesn't let me change to my country.
My secondary email has a Zune Live ID with the correct country so i guess i will use it as my main email account in the Lumia.
I don't own a Xbox.
At least, is it possible to add another email account the the email program and use it to send emails by default. like i do in Outlook??

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid of that answer.
The problem is that i have created a Zune Live ID with my main email but with the wrong country.
This means that i cant put a valid credit card in this account to buy apps in marketplace because it doesn't let me change to my country.
My secondary email has a Zune Live ID with the correct country so i guess i will use it as my main email account in the Lumia.
I don't own a Xbox.
At least, is it possible to add another email account the the email program and use it to send emails by default. like i do in Outlook??

yes...you can add any all emails
More info here Mobile Email With Windows Phone - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte