Tethering, how to?

TEDSgrad

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Synched the phone w/zune, but cannot connect online. PC recognizes WiFi, but no connect. No idea how to tether w/wire. I do have tether option w/att. Used tether option w/TP2 until today. Am I missing something, driver, etc?

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have not found a way to do WIRED tethering with the Lumia 900. Everything I have found online makes it seem like it's not possible. You can however turn on the Internet Sharing on the phone and connect through your computer's wifi and plug it into the usb so it charges at the same time.

TEDSgrad

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I have not found a way to do WIRED tethering with the Lumia 900. Everything I have found online makes it seem like it's not possible. You can however turn on the Internet Sharing on the phone and connect through your computer's wifi and plug it into the usb so it charges at the same time.
Yes, I'm doing that now. However, I can only hotspot UNSECURED! Whenever I try to add a passcode, I cannot connect.
The sales rep said the box had the "green sticker," but the SIM tray did not. Apparently both spots have to have the green sticker for the update. We struggled through the update at the store (3X till it worked).
Would there be any issues between XP (all updated), and WAP2?
My HTC TP2 prompted me upon tethering to choose; synch, data xfer, or internet connect.
I'm thinking Zune is locking down the tethering option - that's my initial impression.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I can confirm that I am able to set a password and connect. So it may not be a common problem. Good luck sorting it out.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa