"Wow, what kind of phone is that???"

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've heard this five times in the last week from iPhone owners. Once they play with it, THEY LOVE IT!!

I then rub salt in their iWounds by showing them how fast it is to get to information, and how easy it is to save time contacting people. They love the convenience of a pinned contact tile to the home screen, and how many fewer steps it takes to get connected to other people!

My friends also love seeing the two tiles I made for my 8-mo-old daughter on my home screen!!!

NO. EEYORE. POSTS.
"Well, we won't get Apollo so if your iPhone friends switched, theyd just go back" people need not apply!!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a black one, one of the first responses I got is "Wow, that's such a manly phone." This is coming from a dude with an iPhone 4S who wants to get Lumia 900 as well, but is stuck in contract limbo.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got the cyan version since it looks different than anything else on the market.

People have noticed it.

One of my friends who has an iPhone cannot believe how much bigger it is compared to the iPhone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
wait a minute....so what you are saying is....phones are for connecting to other people? You are not supposed to be twiddling between pages of icons? AMAZING!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
AT&T pricetag? Is this in reference to the monthly charge, the 2-year contract price, or the non contract $429 price? Because if they are coming from verizon, there really isn't that much of a difference. I just came from that side to get a Lumia. lol. Which, when I have the chance before my 30 days is up, when the stores restock, I want a white one. I didn't want it until I went to the store to buy accessories. I like the glossy look and it's less slippery. I have a black one right now which is fine and all. The white one really pops and looks elegant. Might even complement the light theme rather than the dark theme.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been showing it off to everyone. People love it! :D The one thing they don't like is the AT&T price tag. :p GET THIS PHONE ON OTHER CARRIERS NOKIA!!!

What's wrong with the price tag? Its $99 on contract ($49 if you were lucky.) And its $400 off contract, which is alot cheaper than majority of smartphones.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the same wow factor with my Cyan 900. People keep eyeballing it and I have no problems showing it off. This big push by AT&T and Nokia is exactly what WP needed. I expect good things!

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
wait a minute....so what you are saying is....phones are for connecting to other people? You are not supposed to be twiddling between pages of icons? AMAZING!

That is classic you deserve some 1000 likes for that one. :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

FiveFngrsOfDef

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree...just had this happen to me in a meeting this morning. Pulled out my phone and someone asked if it was the Smart phone beta test phone. They asked to see it and loved it.
After it was passed around, a couple of iPhone users remarked it was the first phone they have seen that looked as good as the iPhone.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
White Lumia with a red theme I just turn it on in a crowded room set it on a table and wait for the OOOS and AAAS to begin. I was in Best Buy the other day. I spoke with one of the sales reps. When he saw my Lumia he started asking questions, after our talk I started to leave the store. I remembered had to ask him another question. When I turned around less than 5 seconds later he was already in the Phone section looking for the Lumias...:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99