Zagg Shield or Naked Lumia 900?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got the full coverage zagg shield for my black lumia 900 and am deciding if I should put the whole thing on or just the screen protector. I have to say they did a good job on the shape of the zagg sheild on my first impression it is basically one big piece for most of the uni-body design.

My main reason for wanting to put the shield on is, it makes the phone way easier to grip, which is important since the screen is so large. The poly carbonate feels pretty slippery to me sometimes, especially when picking up the device. Also it will make fingerprints something I don't have to worry about as much.

Zagg Shield? Or is the phone fine on its own? Screen protector?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Gel case and moshi screen protector. Good grip on the case and barely know it's there. Protector hides fingerprints. Oh, and it protects.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the gel case but it's such a tight fit on the phone I noticed it wore the edges of my phone off, they appear darker are shiny now. So I just put a Zagg shield on my phone. the wet install version, not the dry version. What I like about the zagg shield over the moshi, is that it still looks like a glass screen and doesn't have that matte appearance from the moshi. It also felt like the colors were not as vibrant.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got the full coverage zagg shield for my black lumia 900 and am deciding if I should put the whole thing on or just the screen protector. I have to say they did a good job on the shape of the zagg sheild on my first impression it is basically one big piece for most of the uni-body design.

My main reason for wanting to put the shield on is, it makes the phone way easier to grip, which is important since the screen is so large. The poly carbonate feels pretty slippery to me sometimes, especially when picking up the device. Also it will make fingerprints something I don't have to worry about as much.

Zagg Shield? Or is the phone fine on its own? Screen protector?
Tough call, I use ZAGG shield only for the back side.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got Zagg on the screen. The body wrap made it look glossy. Alrhough the do make a mat finish agiled.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the minimalist bumper case the sell in the AT&T store.it just surrounds the edges of the phone. Protects the corners and edges from drops and as a bonus it makes it a lot easier to keep a firm grip on the phone. I love it because it protects with some shock resistance on the most vulnerable parts, but doesn't add any bulk of thickness. It also doesn't cover up much of that beautiful chassis.

The polycarbonate is very tough, so I'm not too concerned about that. The screen is Gorilla Glass so it's NOT going to get scratched, period. It could crack if it had an specially violent fall but a screen protector would nor prevent that. IMO the screen is too beautiful to look at through some plastic sheeting. I also prefer the slick glass beneath my fingertips vs the slightly tacky feel of the shield.

To each there own. I think the chrome bezel around the camera is the only part likely to show wear under normal use. I don't care about the chrome, but you might try cutting a bit of tough tape, or invisisheild to protect that piece.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh man alot of good responses here, I bought the shield I might as well use it I feel, it will make the phone easier to hold while not adding any bulk, I might hold off on putting the screen protector on, since with gorilla glass there is not really a need to protect it and it hasn't been an issue.

Am I really the only one who thinks this phone is hard to hold, I feel like i'm going to drop it a lot depending on how my hands are oil wise etc (I workout a lot so extra grip is good when my grip is destroyed).

teski

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Naked...I tried the Zagg back on my white phone and hated it. I bought the white for a reason and adding a bunch of stuff on top kills that for me. :)

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If you slide it in and out of a case or your pocket like I do, just put the screen shield on.

Myself and several people I know have the full body shield and when you use it in your pocket, the sides slowly get pulled up and dirt and lint build up under the corners till it looks really dirty. And the Zagg lifetime warranty only covers the screen shield.

Best to get a case for the body. Naked is great, but best to have some protection.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I don’t know... I feel like cases that are attached take away from the enjoyment of the device and don’t do a lot to protect it. Dust/dirt always seems to get in-between the case and the device and have seen it do more damage than good.

Putting on a Zagg shield is like covering your sofa with plastic ;)

Having said that I take extremely good care of my devices. They look like new even after a year of use.

HifiGuy900

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Also posting in the main forum for feedback.

I got the Zagg installed at the local ATT store this evening and the guy seems to have blotched it. I think its the dry install since he didn't use any liquid. The alignment is a little off and there a couple of big *** bubbles the size of acne. It was the last one and so they couldn't change it. He said the bubbles will be gone in a couple of days.

Question is can I return it and get my money back? Is my nokia screen ruined if I let it cure? On my previous iPhone never had a shield and not had a scratch in the 3 yrs I had it. The only reason I considered the screen protector was the nokia glass was getting a lot dirtier than the iPhone with all the smudges and dulling. Please let me know what I should do based on your experience. Thanks.

GB330033

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
A botched install won't damage your screen, but you should get it replaced. Take it back and insist that the salesman installed it improperly, and do it yourself. That's what I did when a sales rep installed my first InvisibleShield without my knowledge. I took it back the next day and got a new one to install on my own.

DarthJeter

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The sales person botched my zagg install as well (dry). Luckily, or unluckily, I have to go to the store to swap my phone because it is currently bricked (looping reboots). When I swap the phone, I'll ask for a replacement zagg and do it myself this time. I like the full body protection and the clear skin doesn't hide the beauty of the phone and adds no bulk.

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Totally bare naked. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I put a Zagg shield on my old Samsung Focus. Over time, the edges peeled away very slightly but enough for it to have a really ugly look and feel.

With the Lumia 900, I've decided to just enjoy the great design of the phone. I don't want to wrap it in gel rubber or anything like that. I might have considered a screen protector -- not because I'm worried about scratches, but because I don't like the fingerprints -- but allowed my negative experience with Zagg to steer me away.

Naked just feels... nice... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb