Camera: Focus vs Lumia 900?

MJRusso45

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I know the camera on the Lumia 900 has been getting some complaints. My main question is if I switch from a Samsung Focus to the Lumia 900, will it at least be as good?

I'm fairly happy with the Focus as a cameraphone, so that's my level. I just want to make sure the camera is at least as good.

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think there's a good chance you'll be disappointed in the camera. I came from a focus, and in my experience the lumia's camera falls short. It has taken quite a bit of fiddling to get even passable shots. Now I recently exchanged my cyan for a white as my cyan had some persistent data-related issues, and the new white I got seems to have a camera that doesn't take as dark pictures as my cyan did, but I haven't it had it long enough to tell for sure. I did just take a quick indoor shot to confirm how bad it is, and it's not good.

The camera's bad enough I keep wondering about moving over to the Titan 2 (though I din't care for the phone's overall design or the screen). Or even (gasp) checking out the One-X when it releases on the 6th. I have something like through the 9th to make a switch. Basically I'm trying to convince myself I can wait it out and deal with what's essentially a free phone and make a switch to an Apollo handset in 6-8 mos, whenever they come out and release their greatness. I really am happy with the OS, and I do think the lumia is a step ahead of the focus generally (seems faster and zippier), but the camera is a real sticking point.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I came from a Focus and was disappointed with default settings of Lumia. But I have been playing around and experimenting with settings for different situations and have found ways to produce shots that I am pleased with. It takes effort, but I believe the camera is way better than my Focus now.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The few pictures I've taken haven't been any where near what I was expecting, but I didn't buy the phone because of the camera. The phone's other capabilities trumps any dislikes I may have about the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos