Reception

jjbottone

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading everywhere how great the reception on this phone is. I am not having the same results. I wouldn't say my reception is bad. But its not what others have been saying. My iPhone got better reception and my skyrocket does also. My house is in a fringe area for service...so in my house i usually only have one (maybe two bars) of service at times. I have noticed my 900 losing service a lot in house where my Skyrocket keeps service. My question to you guys that are having really good reception...are you on LTE? I don't have any LTE in my area and just wondering if that is the issue or if I got a phone that just doesn't get as good service as I think it should. Thanks in advance for any replies.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree reception is worse than my iPhone 4 almost every where I go. It also doesn't hold on to low signal nearly as well as my iPhone did. Drops signal all the time at work where the iPhone was pretty good at clinging to that one bar. The signal also fluctuates much more. Sometimes I can watch the bars just go from 2-5 while sitting there not doing anything.

Not in an LTE area so can't compare. I have been in an LTE area and signal was very good. But in areas with traditionally good 3G the Lumia gets fine signal there.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I am in a non LTE and do get great reception, better than my Atrix and Vivid and my co-workers iPhone 4s. I am getting signal from areas within the manufacturing areas that I never did before.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Getting about the same as an iPhone 4S. My house gets like one 1 usually. My mom just upgraded to an iPhone 4S, dad has a 3GS, and we all get like 1-2 bars. I noticed though, even though I get only 1 bar, compared to before on my Fuze, calls would continuously drop on one bar of signal, whereas on the Lumia 900, calls sound just as good as they would be on more bars.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i get better reception with this phone than any other one before...Make sure you guys are correctly provisioned, new SIM, and AT&T has your new IMEI number...have them take you off network and back on...that fixed reception on my buddies Lumia

jjbottone

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a new sim and they have my new IMEI number I am 100% sure of it. I am not saying that reception is awful...I just hear people saying how its really, really good and I am just not seeing that. As sting2k7 said it doesn't seem to hold onto a low signal good. As sting2k7 also said I can see mine go from full bars to one bar just like that just sitting here on my desk.

I know there are things like network traffic, etc that could effect the signal...I get that. I am just not seeing this above average reception like a lot of people on forums are saying. Was just wondering if this better reception was in LTE areas.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am getting better reception with my Lumia 900 than I did with prior phones in AT&T.
I can make calls, send receive texts, emails and internet in subway stations that my other phones have zero bars or no connection at all.
I will say that in these areas the phone does drop from LTE to 4G or E, but some connection is better than none.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
For me, the reception is good. I get LTE at work, and It goes up and down. My little working area, I get around 1-3 bars. When I walk to the Post Office, I get around 5 bars. It is 2 blocks away from my Job.

At home, I don't get LTE, just 4G. On my 4S, I had 1-3 bars and with this one I get 1-4 bars on a given day. Same maybe a bit better.

With one bar, my phone calls connect right away. With the iPhone 4 and 4S. It takes 2 tries for people to get connected. I show off to my family. "Oh you can't get through, HERE let me call for you".

clockworksnarf

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I get full bars on LTE (LTE at home and work), on my iPhone I used to get 3-4 bars on average on 3G. I get great reception, with crystal clear voice.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have LTE in almost all parts of town that I go in. And most importantly, the reception at home is EXCELLENT. I've been through prepaid, Sprint, & T-Mobile and they all lose signal in my apartment. AT&T never drops a call or loses signal strength. I finally understand people when they say you gotta pay for quality

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb