I'm new to Windows Phone and I am thoroughly enjoying my Lumia 900. One odd quirk that I've noticed is that it's difficult to unlock the phone while it is lying on a flat surface.

For instance, in my office I typically have it on my desk. When I get a text, I keep the phone on my desk and attempt to swipe up to read/respond to the text. However, I've found that the phone is incredibly unresponsive to the upward swiping motion while it is lying flat.

Has anyone else encountered this?
    04-27-2012 09:33 AM
    I haven't noticed this at all...mine works fine while it's on my desk.
    04-27-2012 10:16 AM
    I'm new to Windows Phone and I am thoroughly enjoying my Lumia 900. One odd quirk that I've noticed is that it's difficult to unlock the phone while it is lying on a flat surface.

For instance, in my office I typically have it on my desk. When I get a text, I keep the phone on my desk and attempt to swipe up to read/respond to the text. However, I've found that the phone is incredibly unresponsive to the upward swiping motion while it is lying flat.

Has anyone else encountered this?
    I have seen it before. With my Trophy and with my Zune HD. Although I couldn't re-create it just now.

The screens work when your finger interupts an electric field. If you have a tube monitor or other EMI devices, try moving it away from them.

Also try setting it on a mouse pad or book. Something to get it up off the desk.
    04-27-2012 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD