Receiving MMS Video from iPhone 4s???

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
My wife just tried to send me an MMS video she took of our son from her iPhone 4S. I could not view the video only listen to the Audio...

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

..Gromet

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure this is coming in the Tango update. Can I ask why send a video over MMS instead of uploading straight to facebook/youtube/skydrive then sharing the link? Seems better in the long run, it gets backed up, you can share the link around easier, etc. And I assume MMS video compresses the video or reduces the quality somehow.

rgbjr

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
A similar thing happens to me on my lumia. sometimes I can't get mms' from friends with iphones. Wonder why that is?

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea for some reason I couldn't open a .mov file that was sent to me via email from my wife's iPhone 4s either.

I'm thinking the codec support is not there yet.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife has sent videos to my trophy from her iPhone and I've watched them with no problem. Sems like the Lumia would be able to play them too.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah then we can receive MMS but not send it ourselves till Tango. Maybe it's just a signal issue? I know I've tried to send regular pictures to people and it would error out twice, but then go through the third time. Did she use some kind of app to send the pic or just the regular messaging program? Could be a nonstandard codec as mentioned above.

jml3_uk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am also having this problem. My mum sent me a wee video (mov file) from her Android phone, but i am unable to view the video on my WP Lumia 820. Any ideas?

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried this yet, but that would really suck not to be able to receive mms from other devices... =(
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa