Am I using it wrong

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue using the back button when playing a song or podcast? On my 900 if I have a song playing and try to use the back button it just doesn't register or it eventually goes to the faux multi-tasking screen. The Windows/Start button will get me back to the home age, but the back button won't work until I stop the media player.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

allied1984

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine dose this as well, but when most of the time when i press the windows key it pops up the voice search i thought about taking it back and getting a different one cause of this but don't know if its was just mine or if anyone eleses did it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I've been lucky both of the L900 I have had the cap keys work fine. I am thinking the cap key issue might be a hardware defect. Its just too random.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
I'm really torn about this. Everything about my 900 is great...no issues with data, no issues with purple hue's on keyboard, no issues with screen brightness/whiteness and the only time the capacitive buttons don't work right is when I'm playing a song or playing some games. I would hate to return my handset to try and get buttons that work in those scenarios and then end up with some of the other problems that people have said they have. The behaviour I describe sounds like a S/W issue to me, but if I wait another week to see if there's indication of a patch (unlikely) I'll miss my 30 day return window.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
So I was reading elsewhere about people with this problem and that it only occured for them when playing through the internal speaker, but if they used headphones then it was not an issue. I just checked mine and low and behold it's the same scenario for me.

I wonder if this gives more credence to it being a hw issue instead of sw? Could there be electrical interference from the speaker that is messing with the capacitive buttons? That might be why there's no issue when using headphones.

Maybe I should do an exchange afterall because if this is the case then there is no firmware update that is going to solve the problem of EMI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3