Random Musings and Observations :)

Rickytickytabi#WP

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
WARNING: This is a long post, sorry if I'm not concise enough. Diarrhea of the mouth to follow.

Earlier tonight, I noticed my screen made a creaky sound when i gently pushed on the top border, particularly around the AT&T symbol. After freaking out for a bit, I noticed that the SIM card drawer is also around that side and based on tear downs of the device, so is the screen removal mechanism.

In order to investigate, I used the SIM ejector and removed the drawer, upon doing that, and gently pressing on the screen in the same area, I noticed there was no creaking or sounds. I re-inserted the SIM card and the creaking came back. So I repeated the process in addition to turning the phone off. Once I re-inserted the SIM card, the creaking ceased completely.

Two observations arise from this, mind you my opinion, I'm in the field of medicine not engineering.

1) The creaking of screen and potentially vibrate rattle may be correlated to SIM drawer instability.

2) The Material that the White Lumia 900 is composed of may be susceptible to temporary effects based on temperature changes. (more on this follows..)

So after owning the Cyan Lumia 900, I got white envy and was extremely annoyed by a rattle in the one I owned. (I like pasty things)

Upon my receipt of the White Lumia, the first thing I noticed was that the material reminded me of the white iphone 3g/s I owned a few years ago. My observation at the time was that the mechanics of the material suffered changes, though minor, things like buttons that moved more than they should etc.

Anyhow, I noticed my white lumia gets significantly more warm than my cyan ever did. I feel that the glossy layer over the material gives it different mechanic properties than the cyan/black ones. And I also feel this correlates to times when I feel the screen creak, or slight vibration crackle.

Once again. I have no idea what I am talking about but just a thought.

Digging the Lumia. Appreciate everyone's advice/help.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the white one is made of the same material, and the material itself is actually dyed white, as with the black and cyan ones. The only difference is the white one is smooth (probably easier to clean). There may be a clear coat to make this the case, or they just polished the poly carbonate (have not seen one in person yet, so I don't know).

As far as heat, it may feel a little hotter because your hand has a more complete contact with a smooth surface than a matte one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)