Nokia's ESPN app...live tile?

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I missed it when I downloaded it, but did the ESPN app always have live tiles or was that an update i just didn't realize? I'm asking because I opened the app a little while ago and it asked me would I like to enable live tile support. Don't get me wrong I love the tile because it flips through all scores...but is this just something I missed from day one?

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused about this as well. Last night when I opened it up it asked me if I wanted score updates on the live tile. It never asked me about it before and didn't get any updates.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I missed it when I downloaded it, but did the ESPN app always have live tiles or was that an update i just didn't realize? I'm asking because I opened the app a little while ago and it asked me would I like to enable live tile support. Don't get me wrong I love the tile because it flips through all scores...but is this just something I missed from day one?

I just now opened the app and it asked me if I wanted live tile score updates. It's also in the main menu; under "refresh" there's a new menu item called "scores live tile". I think this just recently happened. I didn't get this when I used the app this weekend. I didn't get an update either, so I'm curious how they pulled this off. It must have been in the code all along and they turned this feature on (finally got their score server up and running or something).

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I just now opened the app and it asked me if I wanted live tile score updates. It's also in the main menu; under "refresh" there's a new menu item called "scores live tile". I think this just recently happened. I didn't get this when I used the app this weekend. I didn't get an update either, so I'm curious how they pulled this off. It must have been in the code all along and they turned this feature on (finally got their score server up and running or something).

I don't have that option. I guess mine hasn't "updated" yet.

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't even see ESPN by Nokia in my Marketplace though I see many references to it here. I have downloaded ESPN ScoreCenter but absolutely hate the bloody ad that obscures MLS Gamecasts. Could someone point me to a place where I can download the Nokia variant for my Lumia 900?

Thanks.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
just popped up. Ithink its new becuz i was looking for live tiles.when i first got phone. Now hitting thr 3 dots allows to chose

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When are non-Lumia owners getting this ESPN and CNN apps on our phones too? I thought they said 90 days wait but still nothing.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't even see ESPN by Nokia in my Marketplace though I see many references to it here. I have downloaded ESPN ScoreCenter but absolutely hate the bloody ad that obscures MLS Gamecasts. Could someone point me to a place where I can download the Nokia variant for my Lumia 900?

Thanks.

Here is the link:
http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=e00b1b51-e747-4c9c-a733-9f01980f22e1

windowsphone.com/s?appid=e00b1b51-e747-4c9c-a733-9f01980f22e1

You have to go to it from your nokia phone though. It will not show on the web marketplace because in only in the "nokia collection."

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
working for me too. Kind of dumb though. It flips real slow. One score and then back to the ESPN logo. Lol, there's tons of games going on. I wish there were some settings for it or at least show a few scores in a row

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I'd rather that it let you sign in to your "myESPN" account and then cycled through scores for your favorite teams, but still better than nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3