Got rid of my Lumia and got a Titan II.

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey there all,

Yesterday I was having a LOT of issues with my capacitive buttons. Happened all weekend long to me. I went to my AT&T Corp. store to check out the floor models... I got them to do the exact same thing that was happening to my phone. I showed the reps, they were all saying that they had seen the same thing happening to their Lumia's. What is going on with these Nokia's???

Anyway, I decided to trade the Lumia in for a Titan II. I should have gone with the Titan II from day one as I liked the design better on the HTC then the Lumia.

So far I'm LOVING the Titan II.

Even the screen on the Titan II I am liking better then the Lumia's. The Lumia's screen made colors look unnatural. The colors on the Titan Are really nice and look correct.

The Camera BLOWS the Lumia's camera out of the water.

The build quality is really nice. Buttons work as expected, swiping on the screen is right, the sound is awesome on the Titan as well.

The Titan II is also discounted to $149.00 now. so it was only a $50.00 difference for me.

If you are having a lot of issues with your Lumia (I know I was) you might want to check out the Titan II.

..Gromet

Jarrichvdv

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey there all,

Yesterday I was having a LOT of issues with my capacitive buttons. Happened all weekend long to me. I went to my AT&T Corp. store to check out the floor models... I got them to do the exact same thing that was happening to my phone. I showed the reps, they were all saying that they had seen the same thing happening to their Lumia's. What is going on with these Nokia's???

Anyway, I decided to trade the Lumia in for a Titan II. I should have gone with the Titan II from day one as I liked the design better on the HTC then the Lumia.

Even the screen on the Titan II I am liking better then the Lumia's. The Lumia's screen made colors look unnatural. The colors on the Titan Are really nice and look correct.

The build quality is really nice. Buttons work as expected, swiping on the screen is right, the sound is awesome on the Titan as well.

The Titan II is also discounted to $149.00 now. so it was only a $50.00 difference for me.

If you are having a lot of issues with your Lumia (I know I was) you might want to check out the Titan II.

..Gromet

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you love Windows Phone. Can you be more specific with the strange behavior of the capacitive buttons on the Lumia? It seems a widespread issue, as the store reps told the same thing?

Thanks

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Jarrichvdv, Basically when playing music or video, the capacitive buttons go nuts. The back button does not respond, the windows button does nothing but launch TellMe. Sometime only a hard reset get you out of the situation.

Yesterday it happened again while I was checking the Forecast in Amazing Weather.

JD914, I did. But as a prior Lumia owner, I would have been glad to see someone's point of view from the Titan side...

..Gromet

carmello2045

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey there all,

..Gromet
So glad you posted this!!! I too had the button issue and could recreate it in the store but the Att reps denied me to exchange my phone 4th time. I think I am going to swap it for the T2 as well. Thanks for you perspective!!!

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So glad you posted this!!! I too had the button issue and could recreate it in the store but the Att reps denied me to exchange my phone 4th time. I think I am going to swap it for the T2 as well. Thanks for you perspective!!!

Sadly with the exception of the DVP I think the Lumia 900 is the quirkiest of all the Windows Phones... I just keep comparing it to my perfect Samsung Focus and it's just not quite as good.

While I'm sure everything will get resolved soon - it should be perfect now. I don't even have the button pressing problem. That would probably be a deal breaker for me on keeping the phone.

So to the OP, I am glad you like the Titan II. Really as far as I'm concerned as long as you have a Windows Phone we are all on the same team lol :)

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Its a hardware issue. It was happening to my phone as well. I got a new one yesterday. I cant recreate the issues with this new phone.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
One more reason to hang onto my Cyan 900. I was thinking about swapping for a white one, but the only issue I have is a little rattle when it vibrates. No purple tint or button problems. I am still tempted by the titan II, but I just don't like the way it looks. Glad you stayed with WP though!

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How is the graphic's on the titan ? i cant tell from the ones displayed in the store, is it video gaming as smooth and nice as Lumia 900 ? i have an htc hd7 and graphics aren't as smooth the 900.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought about switching to a Titan II in the first week but I love the way this phone is designed so much I couldn't do it. I have never had the problems you had with "back" and "windows" button but I initially had an issue with the rear camera not being lit (bsi)...after spending time with it...I honestly don't care about the phone not having bsi anymore -- that's not to say i'm not envious of the Titan II's camera (really wish I had that!). Overall this (lumia 900) feels great to me and nokia's support, for me, is a huge plus. I'm a little annoyed by the headphone controls not working all the time but it will be fixed and it's not a deal breaker for me.

I still recommend people to the Lumia 900 or the titan II

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just made the switch too. The top right corner of my Lumia 900 made a clicking noise. The store that I went to make the switch was saying quite a few people have return the Lumia for this very reason. He said that the Titan II wasn't selling nearly as well as the Titan II but there were no returns on it. I am not the type of person to "beta test" a phone. I will not return a phone and get the same phone more than once if there are issues.

Just in a couple of pics I have taken, this phone is much better than the Lumia 900. It is seriously Night and Day when it comes to picture quality.

In order for Windows Phone to succeed, Nokia needs to succeed. I hope that Nokia can rebound and really push the Windows Phone OS. In all honestly I wish the HTC One was a windows phone. Has a nice ring to it and HTC Builds quality phones. They always have.

Last edited:

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i was tempted to do the same but then i read the horror stories here and other windows forums about the data issues and random reboots of the Titan 2 which will NEVER get fixed by HTC

I had the Titan 1 and bug fixes never came...

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen that on the half dozen Lumia 900's I've handled. Must have been some strange hardware issues with a few batches. Sorry you had such a bad experience. You'll like the Titan 2. I loved my Titan but adore the Lumia 900 - except the camera, which needs some software fixes asap for low light!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The difference is when something goes wrong with the Lumia 900, Nokia will actually do something about it. I wasn't ready to get a Windows Phone until Nokia bet the company on it, because I really don't trust the others who really seem to treat Windows Phone as an afterthought.

I am encouraged to see that HTC launched a freshened up version of the Titan though, maybe it's a sign they will become a little more committed to the platform.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Titan II has repeatedly been criticized for it's design. It's the last of the old HTC look. The one and only feature that out performs the Lumia 900 is the Titan's camera. As far as value it's not worth paying $200 for what you get over the Lumia 900. Old design plus HTC is notoriously known for poor cellular radio's and I can attest to this first hand. I'm an owner of an HTC Titan among other HTC devices. At home my signal will go from one bar to no service where my lumia can get a steady 3 bars.

I will never ever buy another HTC device again. The Titan II is a pi$$ poor update over the original Titan and definitely not the the better device when compared to the Lumia 900.

OP enjoy your Titan II

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Titan II has repeatedly been criticized for it's design. It's the last of the old HTC look. The one and only feature that out performs the Lumia 900 is the Titan's camera. As far as value it's not worth paying $200 for what you get over the Lumia 900. Old design plus HTC is notoriously known for poor cellular radio's and I can attest to this first hand. I'm an owner of an HTC Titan among other HTC devices. At home my signal will go from one bar to no service where my lumia can get a steady 3 bars.

I will never ever buy another HTC device again. The Titan II is a pi$$ poor update over the original Titan and definitely not the the better device when compared to the Lumia 900.

OP enjoy your Titan II

Titan II:
Faster processor
Better SunSpider and BrowserMark scores
A much better camera than the 900 (much better)
Better antennas than the original Titan and closer in quality to the 900
And most importantly, isn't plagued with the numerous issues 900 owners are dealing with

I was hyped about the arrival of the 900 but it has stumbled out of the starting block and continues to stumble. There's no way I can recommend the 900 to anyone until Nokia fixes it.

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

OP enjoy your Titan II

Seriously dude? You're going talk smack about HTC or the Titan 2 with all the issues the Lumia is having right now? You would really recommended the Lumia to anyone?

Nokia and AT&T have really screwed up with their new "hero" phone. Purple screen, non responsive buttons, clicking screens, connectivity issues,etc...

The Titan 2 has a faster processor, faster benchmarks, better sound, more features, a far better camera, the buttons work, the scroll does not lag, the colors of the screen are correct and natural unlike the Lumia's over saturated colors.

Call quality and reception has been outstanding.

The Lumia looks like a plastic rectangle, what is so beautiful or revolutionary about that? I personally like the look and feel of the Titan 2 a lot more.

Also the price if the Titan 2 is $149.99. I already got the Nokia credit which I will keep even though I swapped it out for the Titan. So I got a far better device for fifty bucks.

The Nokia Lumia 900 is a disaster at this point. Its going down faster than the Titanic. So yeah dude the Titan 2 is by FAR the better device.

..Gromet

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Seriously dude? You're going talk smack about HTC or the Titan 2 with all the issues the Lumia is having right now? You would really recommended the Lumia to anyone?

JD is all over these forums, jumping on anyone who dares to criticize the 900. Ignore him; he's a troll.

I just swapped my 900 today - my device was having the WiFi issues that are documented here on the forums as well as elsewhere - but that was it.

My new Lumia, which I've only had for five hours, does not have the wifi issues, but the Purple Screen issue and the Camera Button issue are both present. On low brightness, the screen has a purple-ish tint. When the device is asleep, the camera button will not unlock the device and launch the camera.

I'm really disappointed. I'm strongly considering jumping to the Titan II as well. This whole experience has really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb