Slacker Radio is crap.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to ask about the status of our Pandora apps, Metro Radio, WPandora and RadioControlled but I see they are still in a holding pattern.

Question: is there some exclusivity agreement Pandora has with Google and Apple that keep them from developing an app for Windows Phone?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
iHeart gets my vote not so much for listening to radio stations but the "create stations" feature is pretty awesome. I think it's pretty much on Par with Pandora and Slacker.

On your recommendation, I installed iHeart Radio. Oh man!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually wondered if it had to do with last.fm, they have an exclusive relationship with Microsoft, it is free with xbox, and windowsphone, but I believe it cost money on the other platforms.

mjgates

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I installed iheart. Seems pretty decent so far. Can you play a mix of the stations created? Or are you Stuck just listening to one station at a time?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to ask about the status of our Pandora apps, Metro Radio, WPandora and RadioControlled but I see they are still in a holding pattern.

Question: is there some exclusivity agreement Pandora has with Google and Apple that keep them from developing an app for Windows Phone?
I have no idea if it's a Microsoft issue, not a Pandora issue. Pandora also has an official BlackBerry app, so I'm thinking the holdup is Microsoft's fault, not Pandora's.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea if it's a Microsoft issue, not a Pandora issue. Pandora also has an official BlackBerry app, so I'm thinking the holdup is Microsoft's fault, not Pandora's.

You're joking, right? I seriously doubt Microsoft is unwilling to get this app on the platform.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Pandora customer support right before the Lumia came out and asked if they would be developing an app for windows phones and the reply I received was that they had "no plans at this time".

When I used Metro I though the song volumes were inconsistent and that drove me nuts to constantly be turning up or down the volume.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When I used Metro I though the song volumes were inconsistent and that drove me nuts to constantly be turning up or down the volume.
Song volumes were inconsistent with the official Pandora BlackBerry app.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
i like Soundtracker. its social radio where you can see what others are listening too. and it works like a charm on l900.

neilgehrke

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and deleted Slacker, way too buggy and slow, and when an app locks up your phone for over a minute, it's not good. I'm currently using last.fm, (which seems to be reliable so far, but the content sucks) until Radio Controlled comes back. Come on Pandora, kick down with an official app already.

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using I Heat Rdio and Mixtapes. Mixtapes is cool if you take the time to sign up for an account and upload some playlist. I Heart Radio is also very good offering both custom and real stations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos