Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

This app completely freezes my phone. THe music will stop, I'll try to unlock the phone and nothing. I have to wait about a minute for it to come back. The only reason I tried Slacker was because radio controlled and metro radio were broken recently. I'm disliking this phone more and more. I may just return it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neilgehrke View Post
    This app completely freezes my phone. THe music will stop, I'll try to unlock the phone and nothing. I have to wait about a minute for it to come back. The only reason I tried Slacker was because radio controlled and metro radio were broken recently. I'm disliking this phone more and more. I may just return it.
    I have yet to try Slacker Radio. I've downloaded on other platforms, but never listened. Have you tried iHeartradio? Not as good as Pandora and/or Slacker (when it works), but I love it.... listening to it right now.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

I'll try it. Thanks
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I'll try it. Thanks
    No problem. Your thread made me want to try Slacker out for the first time. I'll try it on my way home.

SlackerRadio used to work for me before, but recently I've also had problems. I looked for alternatives and my list currently includes: TuneIn Radio, Last.fm, Soundtracker. Haven't decided yet which I like the most.

MetroRadio Pro. Whatever service you think provides the best music, this app is the best because it lets you:

Pin stations to start
    Pause from lockscreen
    Skip from lockscreen

It seems like every other radio app omits one of these three things.
    Duvi likes this.

MetroRadio Pro.

Yah except whenever Pandora decides to change something. That's the whole reason I tried Slacker. Metro Radio and Radio Controlled are currently broken, and no update in sight. Pandora on my iPhone is solid, I have yet to find an equivalent on this wPhone.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    Ever since they make these Pandora changes, I have since started to listen to iHeartRadio and I find it to be just as good.
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    iHeart gets my vote not so much for listening to radio stations but the "create stations" feature is pretty awesome. I think it's pretty much on Par with Pandora and Slacker.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

MetroRadio Pro.

Yah except whenever Pandora decides to change something. That's the whole reason I tried Slacker. Metro Radio and Radio Controlled are currently broken, and no update in sight. Pandora on my iPhone is solid, I have yet to find an equivalent on this wPhone.
    The developers of those two apps are very adamant about updating whenever Pandora makes a change. Cut them some slack.

Global Posts
    32,902 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    The developers of those two apps are very adamant about updating whenever Pandora makes a change. Cut them some slack.
    Do you have any idea how long it will take until MetroRadio is working again?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Personally, I use TuneIn Radio. I've found the selection to be endless.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Do you have any idea how long it will take until MetroRadio is working again?

It's usually been two or three days, but maybe this time is longer. Who knows? We'll survive.

Global Posts
    32,902 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    It's usually been two or three days, but maybe this time is longer. Who knows? We'll survive.
    Hopefully it will be fast. I have the paid version of the app.

slacker is one the slowest apps when I had it on my HD7. I love metro radio. Last FM is pretty good as well. Plus you can use it on your xbox if you wanted too for free. (with xbox live gold of course)

The only reason why I like pandora is because I have all my stations on it. Now i use only Metro Radio (I wish pandora would quit changing their API) , iHeart and last.fm , I agree, slacker is crap (slow and buggy)

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I use slacker all the time. It works pretty good for me. Once in a while it stalls but I restart it and all I good

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Used it today and aside from the app taking long to reload, it seemed to work okay.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    With Smart DJ and my Zune Subscription, I don't feel the need for other services like Rhapsody or Spotify. The only thing they enhance is the social experience by tweeting/posting what you're listening to.

But that's just my opinion
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    32,902 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    Used it today and aside from the app taking long to reload, it seemed to work okay.
    Same here.

Global Posts
    32,902 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by mango.lover View Post
    Personally, I use TuneIn Radio. I've found the selection to be endless.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    TuneInRadio is great as long as the station is not Clear Channel or CBS.

I wanted to ask about the status of our Pandora apps, Metro Radio, WPandora and RadioControlled but I see they are still in a holding pattern.

Question: is there some exclusivity agreement Pandora has with Google and Apple that keep them from developing an app for Windows Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    iHeart gets my vote not so much for listening to radio stations but the "create stations" feature is pretty awesome. I think it's pretty much on Par with Pandora and Slacker.
    On your recommendation, I installed iHeart Radio. Oh man!
    I actually wondered if it had to do with last.fm, they have an exclusive relationship with Microsoft, it is free with xbox, and windowsphone, but I believe it cost money on the other platforms.

I installed iheart. Seems pretty decent so far. Can you play a mix of the stations created? Or are you Stuck just listening to one station at a time?

Global Posts
    32,902 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    I wanted to ask about the status of our Pandora apps, Metro Radio, WPandora and RadioControlled but I see they are still in a holding pattern.

Question: is there some exclusivity agreement Pandora has with Google and Apple that keep them from developing an app for Windows Phone?
    I have no idea if it's a Microsoft issue, not a Pandora issue. Pandora also has an official BlackBerry app, so I'm thinking the holdup is Microsoft's fault, not Pandora's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast