Beats headphones with Lumia 900

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just got a pair of Beats headphones with a mic. I had to get these as my airline miles were expiring and I thought having a nice pair of headphones would be good.
However, I just tried them and noticed that the inline mic and other controls won't work. Apparently I read a few discussions and these headphones might not be compatible with the Lumia 900.. I hope Nokia can fix this with a software update.. This is not good..
Share your thoughts..

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
my 3-4 year old stereo BT Sony headset works. Inline mic and the command button on the left ear cable. Check with Monster and see what they have to say.

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a pair of ibeats that didn't work with the controls. I bought the warranty from best buy so I exchanged them for a pair plantronics stereo Bluetooth headphones. The quality isn't as good as the ibeats but they'll do for me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
my 3-4 year old stereo BT Sony headset works. Inline mic and the command button on the left ear cable. Check with Monster and see what they have to say.

the key word here is bluetooth that works as its not connected through the jack its using wireless to stream voice and audio just like a car so this has no merit on using actual hardware connected through the physical jack. None of the monster beats by dre, ibeats or for that iron man, skull candy, works with the mic you can hear the music but you can't use voice or controls its well known even nokia rep will tell you. i just returned 7 diff headphones with mics back to bestbuy none worked except music. the only ones that worked with voice and controls were the bluetooth oh and nokia reps will also advise you to use bluetooth for calls and music so far only those purity works i also hope this is just a software change that enables voice on all headphones with a mic.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
It's because Apple likes things proprietary so they switched the connector rings on the TRRS for their audio jack. And since they did that and almost everyone has an iPhone, manufacturers cater to this.

I'm assuming Windows and Nokia use standard TRRS or at least what was standard before Apple showed up. If that is the case, you will need a TRRS conversion cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett