Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I can no longer receive text messages. I can send them just fine. I took delivery of my phone and was told it had the update already installed (green dot on the shipping label of the box). Anyone else running into this problem? I was able to send/receive texts the first week I had the phone just fine. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by mrozanski View Post
    I can no longer receive text messages. I can send them just fine. I took delivery of my phone and was told it had the update already installed (green dot on the shipping label of the box). Anyone else running into this problem? I was able to send/receive texts the first week I had the phone just fine. Thanks in advance!
    Figured it out. Moderator please delete this post.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozanski View Post
    Figured it out. Moderator please delete this post.
    What was it? I'm having text problems all the time!

Global Posts
    32,921 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Rather than deleting the post, perhaps you could share how you fixed the problem. It might help others who have the same problem.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I faced a similar (not the same issue) thanks to the totally incapable rep who sold me the phone. He cancelled ALL my text messaging features. I figured it out after a week of not receiving a single message, and then realized I thought I was "sending" messages fine since I didn't get any failures. However nothing was actually sent. Called AT&T who added my plan back on.
    Of you're coming from ios, and have enabled imessages, disable imessages to stop getting texts to the iPhone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I had this problem one time. I noticed it after I tried to dl an MMS but it errored out; no clue if this was the cause though, but this was the last message I recieved. My fix was to delete all my threads, and I started to get messages again. One thing I didn't try doing was deleting the thread with the MMS message and seeing if I got messages again, so I don't know if the problem was localized to the message or the entire messaging app. So before a hard reset, try to clear out the threads if you have this problem. That said, I haven't had this problem again.

I had this problem with my phone, had the phone barely a week and took your advice and deleted all my threads and is working fine. Thank you(: