Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I was sitting on a plane yesterday flying home. I was, as usual, reading WPCentral when I noticed something odd with my screen. Quick phone history. I have a White L900 with the screen hew issue. Back to my story. As I am sliding the screen up I notice its starting to stutter. Odd, its never done that before so I flick the screen it seams fine I'm good. I get the announcement. You know the one every tech geek hates. "Please turn off all electronic devices" I put my L900 in flight mode and power down slide screen method not long press. The flight takes off. When we hit 10,000 feet I get the announcement we all love to hear. "You can not use your electronic devices" I power up my L900... Nokia screen... Rethink Possible screen.................. 10 minutes pass and I am still on the Rethink Possible screen. The phone powers down I think, okay here we go, but no still stuck on the Rethink Possible screen. That is where I am now. This Lumia 900 powers on goes to the Rethink Possible screen sits for about 10 minutes then powers down and sticks at the Rethink Possible screen. I watched it do that for about 30 minutes last night. I tried everything trying to bring it back. Nothing has worked. I'm pissed I have pictures on there that haven't been synced to Zune yet.

I removed the sim when I landed (Glad I had a paper clip with me to open the sim door) put it in my L800. I keep it with me for emergencies like this. Its off to the AT&T store today for a replacement. I have really love this Lumia design but if they don't have the white in stock that Titan II just might get a shot.

Global Posts
    1,924 Global Posts
    Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. How long have you had yours before it did that? I am coming up on my 30 days next week and I hope nothing happens after that.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. How long have you had yours before it did that? I am coming up on my 30 days next week and I hope nothing happens after that.
    I have had this one for less than 2 weeks. I am going to recommend that anyone with the Purple Hew issue take it back for replacement. The way the screen was stuttering reminded me of my old EVO. My EVO did that when it was plugged in to AC power and would only do this when I wasn't holding the phone in my hand. I found out that this was do to a grounding issue. I am thinking that the Lumia 900 devices with the purple hew might be having some type of grounding problem or maybe its is just a bad screen. My thoughts are that this is hardware not software so swap them out if you can. I would hate for someone else to have there phone die when you need it most.

There were storms in the area when I landed at Love field last night. If I hadn't had my L800 with me my Wife would have been worried sick not hearing from me when I landed.
    Did everything include a hard reset? I had a similar issue with my hd7 after several months of use... Happened twice within a week and then not once since. Hard reset fixed it both times. That was back in November, and the issue hasn't popped up since.

Sorry to hear you having issue with L900 Dave.

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,924 Global Posts
    @ Dave Blake, thank you very much. I exchanged the one with the purple hue, but it is a good point to know.

I really like this phone and hoping to keep it longer than my usual 8-10, well in case of the Vivid it was just over a month. Lol

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Did everything include a hard reset? I had a similar issue with my hd7 after several months of use... Happened twice within a week and then not once since. Hard reset fixed it both times. That was back in November, and the issue hasn't popped up since.
    I can't get it to come up to to where I can hard reset it. I'm just SOL with a bricked device that won't go past the Rethink Possible screen

Global Posts
    1,924 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I can't get it to come up to to where I can hard reset it. I'm just SOL with a bricked device that won't go past the Rethink Possible screen
    I believe you can hard reset with the button combination of holding down volume, power, and camera together and then let go of the power after 5 secs or if feel a vibration and 5 secs later the other two.

I would verify the sequence before trying it to be sure. :)

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I believe you can hard reset with the button combination of holding down volume, power, and camera together and then let go of the power after 5 secs or if feel a vibration and 5 secs later the other two.

I would verify the sequence before trying it to be sure. :)
    THanks for the tip I beleave it is volume down, camera, power and yes I tried. Nothing works. I could get it to data transfer screen but that's it. I tried all combination at this point I have nothing to lose.

Nothing seams to work.

Global Posts
    1,924 Global Posts
    THanks for the tip I beleave it is volume down, camera, power and yes I tried. Nothing works. I could get it to data transfer screen but that's it. I tried all combination at this point I have nothing to lose.

Nothing seams to work.
    That's a bummer. :(

Good luck with the replacement, hope you stay with the Lumia :)

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I worked with the local Nokia rep and the AT&T Lumia Store rep to prove that my Lumia was not repairable. I left with a Titan II. :( They only had one White Lumia available it had the Purple hew issue. I am done with the Lumia 900 for a while. I still have my Lumia 800 though.

Global Posts
    3,000 Global Posts
    Did the Nokia rep have any comments on the purple hue issue?

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    All they would say is "this is the first time I've seen that". They were honestly concerned about the deal. Nokia will get this worked out. If they would have had a good white Lumia I would have taken it and not gotten the Titan II.

Global Posts
    3,000 Global Posts
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Global Posts
    1,924 Global Posts
    I worked with the local Nokia rep and the AT&T Lumia Store rep to prove that my Lumia was not repairable. I left with a Titan II. :( They only had one White Lumia available it had the Purple hew issue. I am done with the Lumia 900 for a while. I still have my Lumia 800 though.
    Glad you found something you like. Good luck with Titan 2, hope it is totally problem free for you.

I'm really sorry to hear that! The AT&T rep near me told me that there is a Warranty warehouse where you can go in person to get a device swapped out, but I forgot where it was. Maybe Irving?

So far my L900W has been quite nice. LTE is amazing. I haven't messed around with the camera too much. It's on my list of things to fully test out. Now I just hope it lasts the full 2 year contract term

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    I remember somebody posting the same exact issue with the splash screen lockup when turning on the phone. Tha tperson said it was a result of draining his battery to nothing and then charging and turning on...Not sure if your is the same circumstance

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    I remember somebody posting the same exact issue with the splash screen lockup when turning on the phone. Tha tperson said it was a result of draining his battery to nothing and then charging and turning on...Not sure if your is the same circumstance
    No mine was almost fully charged when I got on the plane. I had been charging for a round an hour wile waiting for the flight.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    To the OP, sucks that this has happened to you. Thanks for the 411 and might I add, I too hate that message about shutting down our electronic devices. I mean even the kindle?

Sorry to here, Im on my 3rd Lumia 900 but finally got a good one. I had bought 3 on a family plan but the one i kept for myself had the data issue so i promptly returned it. The 2nd one had the back button issue so i returned that one. Finally got one that acts like the rest of my Lumia's... I still love the phone its a work in progress though.

You dont set your phone to update to skydrive? I know it decreases the size of the image but at least its better than nothing.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Just had the same problem on mine last night, Dave... Was almost fully charged when I went to bed. I left it on the charger overnight anyway, and I woke up to it frozen on the Rethink Possible screen. When I powered it down and tried to bring it back up, got a low battery indicator. If I put it on the charger, it will eventually try and power itself up but freeze at the rethink possible screen again. I've tried every trick in the book to bring it back, but no luck... Argh... Absolutely no time to get to a store this week either... Really ticks me off that I'll lose my messaging history and videos/photos that I hadn't backed up in the last couple of weeks. :(

I have the HTC Titan II and the same exact thing is happening to me. I don't know what to do so I'm going to go to the Windows store where I bought it and see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by bassoprofundo View Post
    Just had the same problem on mine last night, Dave... Was almost fully charged when I went to bed. I left it on the charger overnight anyway, and I woke up to it frozen on the Rethink Possible screen. When I powered it down and tried to bring it back up, got a low battery indicator. If I put it on the charger, it will eventually try and power itself up but freeze at the rethink possible screen again. I've tried every trick in the book to bring it back, but no luck... Argh... Absolutely no time to get to a store this week either... Really ticks me off that I'll lose my messaging history and videos/photos that I hadn't backed up in the last couple of weeks. :(
    Same thing happened to me just this week. My Lumia's with the Nokia Care Center right now. I hope they get to fix it. If not, I hope I get a replacement phone.

It turns out the no recharging problem affects a lot of Lumia 900s.

Check this out:

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 wont power on after battery drain..brick... - Nokia Support Discussions

I hope Nokia gets to fix this!

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    That was me - and I eventually had to get a swap from AT&T. I should be receiving my replacement today (sucks that it's a refurbished phone).

After a lot of searching, it seems like there are many with this problem. Unfortunately, most forum posts I've seen have all had to swap out their phones as resets and other tricks don't work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast